From: Karl DeSaulniers on
Hi,
I am wanting to get some pointers on how to update my MySQL database
after there is already members.
For eg, I am trying to set some foreign keys that were not part of my
database when I installed it.
There are members in that database. Can I update the database with
the new .sql file without loosing my current info? If so, how?
Fields in the user table have not changed except foreign keys have
been assigned to it.
TIA,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

From: kesavan trichy rengarajan on
You need to use the ALTER statement.
doc: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/alter-table.html
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/alter-table.html>example:
http://www.1keydata.com/sql/sql-foreign-key.html

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Karl DeSaulniers <karl(a)designdrumm.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am wanting to get some pointers on how to update my MySQL database after
> there is already members.
> For eg, I am trying to set some foreign keys that were not part of my
> database when I installed it.
> There are members in that database. Can I update the database with the new
> .sql file without loosing my current info? If so, how?
> Fields in the user table have not changed except foreign keys have been
> assigned to it.
> TIA,
>
> Karl DeSaulniers
> Design Drumm