From: Chaitanya Yanamadala on
Hai
i have installed php in the cent os 5.4. the one which is installed is
5.1.6 now what i want to do is upgrade it to latest one 5.3.2, as i am new
to linux environment it is quite hard for me to configure that, can any one
guide me with this also one more thing is that i need to install zend
framework in the same environment,
any help would be greatly appreciate..

regards
Chaitanya
From: David McGlone on
On Monday 03 May 2010 07:02:35 Chaitanya Yanamadala wrote:
> Hai
> i have installed php in the cent os 5.4. the one which is installed is
> 5.1.6 now what i want to do is upgrade it to latest one 5.3.2, as i am new
> to linux environment it is quite hard for me to configure that, can any one
> guide me with this also one more thing is that i need to install zend
> framework in the same environment,
> any help would be greatly appreciate..

I have no experience with CentOS but I'm pretty sure it would have a package
manager similiar to apt-get, or yum.

If CentOS uses RPM then you could go download php 5.3.2 off the web and then
open a terminal and type:
root (to login as root)
password (enter root password)
change the directory to where you saved the file:
cd /path/to/where/the/file/is
rpm -Uvh ( enter name of the package that you downloaded here and omit the
parenthesis )

--
Blessings,
David M.
From: Chaitanya Yanamadala on
hai david

the rpm available is for this is the one which i am having that is the
latest one.
but i require to install the 5.3.2 for some more extenstions to be working.
i have downloaded the tar file from php.net but dont know how to complile
the same for the linux. i am pretty new to the linux..
so cannot able to figure out how to do the same..

Chaitanya

From: Kesavan Rengarajan on
Add DAG and RPMForge repos (google for how to) and try to do a yum
install.Compiling from source might not be the best option if you are
new to Linux.

Sent from my iPhone

On 03/05/2010, at 10:57 PM, Chaitanya Yanamadala <dr.virus.india(a)gmail.com

From: Chaitanya Yanamadala on
hai kesavan
the latest rpm is what i have installed already.
but i require the php 5.3.2 to be installed so where can i get the rpm for
that
i hve used the yum search php which is giving me the 5.1 only..

Chaitanya