From: Chris on
On 05/05/10 15:02, Chaitanya Yanamadala wrote:
> hai dan
> thank you for your suggestion regarding the google thing..
> thank god u said me that or else i could have never known that google will
> get me all the results.
> dude i just asked this question thinking that some one would help me find
> the solution not for fun.
> regarding the thing of compiling i require it to be done,
>
> hai kesavan
> thank you for the help i have done that search and i found the things but
> the thing is that it is an old version of the gcc that is still exisiting in
> the yum repository.
> i require one dependancy apr-1.3.3 for the compiling of httpd 2.3.5 which i
> have found out, but the thing is that it requires two more dependancies
> uname>=2.6
> and rpmlib<=4.4.6 which are not available in the yum repo..

Do you need to use centos? Maybe it'll be easier for you to use a more
up to date operating system. Ubuntu 10 just came out and it has php 5.3
available.

We can't teach you how to compile stuff, that's way outside what we're
here to help you with. Don't forget everyone here is helping you in
their own free time, so you may not get "perfect" answers but you will
get pointers in the right direction (even if it is to google or
tutorials on other websites).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

From: kesavan trichy rengarajan on
No idea what's happening there. Have u done this:
yum update
?

From: Chaitanya Yanamadala on
I apologize guys for being rude..
i know that u guys are helping me out, but i was in a typical awkward
position searching for the same things made me a little restless.

coming to the point i have posted the question to the centos list as well as
suggested by dan..
but still now i could not able to find an absolute solution for what i am
searching for..

Chaitanya