From: Edward on
I have seen other threads on this problem, but I have not found a cause
or solution.

I am using Quicken 10 Premier and Windows 7 64 bit. I use scheduled
updates and it updates five days a week. The arrow icons that should
only appear during an update, and say "Updating Quicken" when I hover
the mouse pointer over it, never goes away after performing one
scheduled update after a reboot.

I reinstalled Quicken, and even changed my operating system from 32 bit
Windows 7 to 64 bit Windows 7, and I still have the problem. I THINK it
started with Quicken 10, but I'm not sure if it was on the initial
install or after one of the updates.

Obviously, this is not a huge problem as everything works fine; I just
want the arrows icon to go away when Quicken finishes its update, as it
should.

Others have contacted Quicken directly, but I have not found a solution
in the threads.
From: Robert Neville on
Edward <Edward(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>I reinstalled Quicken, and even changed my operating system from 32 bit
>Windows 7 to 64 bit Windows 7, and I still have the problem. I THINK it
>started with Quicken 10, but I'm not sure if it was on the initial
>install or after one of the updates.

I see the same behavior with QD10 on Win7 32. I see a broader problem though -
in addition to the arrows staying visible in the system tray all the time, QD no
longer asks for the password vault password on boot up and also "forgets" the
scheduled updates after every boot. I have to go into the scheduled update
screen, refresh the schedule, then enter the vault password at the next
scheduled instance.

I've tried running bagent in compatability mode and not, but no change in
behavior.
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Edward.

All I can say is the comforting, "It works for me."

I also use Win7 x64 Ultimate. I've been running Quicken 2010 Deluxe for
nearly a year. Release R 10 was offered when I started Quicken a few days
ago. I accepted and it downloaded and installed smoothly. Quicken has been
running normally since then.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Edward" wrote in message news:i43fdh$fl4$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...

[...]

Pages: 1
Prev: Online Payee - Mark as Inactive?