From: Kevin Denis on
Hello,

For upgrades, I follow the UPGRADE.txt in the root of the cdrom1.

But How's the status of upgrading with slackpkg?
A sort of:
1/ point to the new 13.1 tree in conf

2/
slackpkg clean-system
slackpkg upgrade-all
slackpkg install-new

Or I must take care of some points, like glibc, slackpkg itself and
pkgtools?

Thanks
--
Kevin
From: Jan Wiescher on
Kevin Denis <kevin(a)nowhere.invalid> schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> For upgrades, I follow the UPGRADE.txt in the root of the cdrom1.
>
> But How's the status of upgrading with slackpkg?
> A sort of:
> 1/ point to the new 13.1 tree in conf
>
> 2/
> slackpkg clean-system
> slackpkg upgrade-all
> slackpkg install-new
>
> Or I must take care of some points, like glibc, slackpkg itself and
> pkgtools?
>
> Thanks

I have just successfully migrated my main desktop machine from 13.0 to
13.1 using slackpkg doing the following:

1. - slackpkg clean-systen
2. - slackpkg install-new
3. - slackpkg upgrade-all

Once 'slackpkg upgrade-all' was done I issued the command again and it
showed more packages that needed to be upgraded. So please doublecheck
if it really upgraded all packages and don't reboot before it has done
so.

After all that you just need to check for .new files and after a reboot
your new 13.1 system should be setup.
From: Kevin Denis on
Le 07-06-2010, Jan Wiescher <j.h.wiescher(a)gmx.net> a �crit�:
>> Or I must take care of some points, like glibc, slackpkg itself and
>> pkgtools?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> I have just successfully migrated my main desktop machine from 13.0 to
> 13.1 using slackpkg doing the following:
>
> 1. - slackpkg clean-systen
> 2. - slackpkg install-new
> 3. - slackpkg upgrade-all
>
> Once 'slackpkg upgrade-all' was done I issued the command again and it
> showed more packages that needed to be upgraded. So please doublecheck
> if it really upgraded all packages and don't reboot before it has done
> so.
>
> After all that you just need to check for .new files and after a reboot
> your new 13.1 system should be setup.

Well, I tried, and it worked this way:
-upgrade tar, xz, pkgutils and findutils.
-upgrade glibc
-upgrade slackpkg

slackpkg clean-system, then install-new, then upgrade-all.

End I reboot. X was broken. I manually upgrade the kernel (headers, modules,
huge & smp). And after reboot, everything was right.
--
Kevin