From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on
Until sofar everything seems to work almost flawless over here
i encountered until sofar 2 problems with the conversions of my projects

1. if you have a solution with multiple projects you have the chance that
some files are converted twice , you can recognice this by the obvious
errors ( just removing the .1 versions wil solve this )

2. Some warning messages appear while the warning is total #$#% ( i
submitted this to microsoft connect with a screendump ) if you are not so
sure of yourself you might refactor the code while it is in fact perfectly
valid code

michel

From: J.B. Moreno on
Cor Ligthert[MVP] <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote:

> You cannot use framework 4.0 if you have used the
> Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatible.VB6 namespace) the latter is normally only
> if you have automatically converted from VB6.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualbasic.compatibil
ity.vb6.aspx shows a lot of obsolete calls, but obsolete calls work....

--
J.B. Moreno
From: Gale Green on
On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:31:56 +0200, "Michel Posseth [MCP]"
<msdn(a)posseth.com> wrote:

>Until sofar everything seems to work almost flawless over here
>i encountered until sofar 2 problems with the conversions of my projects
>

>1. if you have a solution with multiple projects you have the chance that
>some files are converted twice , you can recognice this by the obvious
>errors ( just removing the .1 versions wil solve this )
>
>2. Some warning messages appear while the warning is total #$#% ( i
>submitted this to microsoft connect with a screendump ) if you are not so
>sure of yourself you might refactor the code while it is in fact perfectly
>valid code

Thanks for the extra info Michel.

Gale.
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Hi,

Thanks for this information, I really had the idea that it was described in
the same time as the upgrade facility.

I see now that this is only for 64bits where it is not available while
available for 32bits.

Cor

From: J.B. Moreno on
In article <uZihjcr4KHA.6104(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
Cor Ligthert[MVP] <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote:

-snip cannot use both 4.0 and Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.VB6-
-snip yes you can, just obsolete now-
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for this information, I really had the idea that it was described in
> the same time as the upgrade facility.
>
> I see now that this is only for 64bits where it is not available while
> available for 32bits.

Thanks, I almost missed the fact that the obsolete attribute on the
methods include a notice that they are 32 bit only.

--
J.B. Moreno