From: MV on
Hi, I'm searching a Checklist for upgrade our single EXCH2003SP2 with 30
Mailboxes to EXC2010. My Plan is to Install the new HW, Install EXCH2010,
Configure EXCH2010 for OWA, SMTP incoming and so on.... , Move Mailboxes as
needed (no need of move all at the same time) and then remove the old Server
when all MB are moved. Specially for the last Step, I can't find Checklists.
Any Idea ?
Thanks

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
MSExchange.org has a great article for Exchange 2007 but you can also apply
most all of this to Exchange 2010 when removing the last Exchange 2003
Server. One suggestion I would make is to create a lab test virtual
environment and run the migration from this before performing live
migration.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/migration-deployment/removing-last-exchange-2003-server-exchange-2007-part1.html

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

From: mv on
Thank's Oliver, we migrated successfully with your Checklist (... and other
stuff like Virtual Labs, Technet etc...), the only Problem ist that User
(Outlook 2007) become a Logon Prompt during the day, I belive everytime GAL
will refreshed. Did you have an idea ? Thanks

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
Can you run Test Email Autoconfiguration from an OL2007 client and report
any errors from the log?

--

"mv" <mv(a)mv.mv> wrote in message
> Thank's Oliver, we migrated successfully with your Checklist (... and
> other stuff like Virtual Labs, Technet etc...), the only Problem ist that
> User (Outlook 2007) become a Logon Prompt during the day, I belive
> everytime GAL will refreshed. Did you have an idea ? Thanks
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr(a)hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> MSExchange.org has a great article for Exchange 2007 but you can also
>> apply most all of this to Exchange 2010 when removing the last Exchange
>> 2003 Server. One suggestion I would make is to create a lab test virtual
>> environment and run the migration from this before performing live
>> migration.
>>
>> http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/migration-deployment/removing-last-exchange-2003-server-exchange-2007-part1.html
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2010
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>

>> "MV" <mv(a)mv.mv> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I'm searching a Checklist for upgrade our single EXCH2003SP2 with 30
>>> Mailboxes to EXC2010. My Plan is to Install the new HW, Install
>>> EXCH2010, Configure EXCH2010 for OWA, SMTP incoming and so on.... , Move
>>> Mailboxes as needed (no need of move all at the same time) and then
>>> remove the old Server when all MB are moved. Specially for the last
>>> Step, I can't find Checklists. Any Idea ?
>>> Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Exchange LAN recovery
Next: Standardized Signature