From: Roberto Agostino on
Hi all.

I have WinDDK (7600.16385.0) and I produced an application to manage from
command line a driver (install, config and remove it). This application has
been made and tested for Win XP e Vista, and so it is ok.

If I would to upgrade it for Win7 x64... what are the things I have to
analyze? Is it enought to recompile the programs in the right build
enviroment?

Thanks for your help.

R.

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
> If I would to upgrade it for Win7 x64... what are the things I have to
> analyze? Is it enought to recompile the programs in the right build
> enviroment?

Probably even the old XP tool will work.

Is the driver PnP?

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

From: Roberto Agostino on
More precisly, I have made a tool that install a ramdisk driver. All this
works in Windows XP and Vista.

Because someone tells me that he should take advantages of the new features
of Win7 x64, I tries to recompile the ramdisk driver on an enviroment build
for Win7 x64 and give him the produced one, but the mounter tools does not
succeed to mount the driver...

so I am here to asking what is that needs to be done.

I know that the mounter tool, using the API of SetupAPI.dll, updates the
driver as it was a PnP.

Thanks for your reply.

messaggio news:eA$VGziQLHA.4960(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Pavel A. on
Also, make sure that your tools that use SetupAPI are 64-bit on 64-bit OS.
32-bit apps on x64 OS call the wrong SetupApi , or something like that
(google for similar questions).

-- pa

From: Maxim S. Shatskih on
> Because someone tells me that he should take advantages of the new features
> of Win7 x64

And why do you need these new features?

Also note that, for Win7 x64, the driver must be signed.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP