From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[And Robear certainly hopes Hot-text's "9.989%" was a typo!]

From: Roy on
On Mar 10, 8:17 am, "Bubey" <cat...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> I agree that IE 8 is good for speed, security and compatibility but the way
> MS set up the Favorites is terrible.  Actually
> more than terrible.  It causes big headaches.  I have built my file cabinet
> built for my favorites so when I want to
> save something I can do the drawer and then to the folder with just a couple
> of clicks.  With IE I have to see "EVERY FOLDER" I have created and end up
> going up and down the VERY LONG LIST to find the folder I want to store it
> in.  It drives me crazy and if I've got a lot to do very grouchy.  Why did
> MS design it this way?  I'd like to get my
> hands around the person who did this.  Do you think they might change it to
> a more user friendly version, like in
> IE 6 ????
> Thanks!

I recently upgraded my IE6 to IE8 but completely removed the add ons
and favorites so it will appear like IE6...and its pretty neat , What
I only want from IE8 is tabbed browsing...
and so far is running well since I installed it and seems to be faster
than IE6 during loading...Still have noticed anything strange......but
I still have my firefox 3.5 as my default while I watch how this IE8
for some time...If IE8 is better then it will be my default....
Regards

From: LD55ZRA on
Roy wrote:

>I recently upgraded my IE6 to IE8 but completely removed the add ons
>and favorites so it will appear like IE6...and its pretty neat , What
>I only want from IE8 is tabbed browsing...
>and so far is running well since I installed it and seems to be faster
>than IE6 during loading...Still have noticed anything strange......but
>I still have my firefox 3.5 as my default while I watch how this IE8
>for some time...If IE8 is better then it will be my default....
>Regards

You can download Firefox version 3.6 from here:

<http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/>

hth
From: Roy on
On Mar 20, 5:23 am, LD55ZRA <LD55...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Roy wrote:
> >I recently upgraded my IE6 to IE8 but completely removed the add ons
> >and favorites so it will appear like IE6...and its pretty neat , What
> >I only want from IE8 is tabbed browsing...
> >and so far is running well since I installed it and seems to be faster
> >than IE6 during loading...Still have noticed anything strange......but
> >I still have my firefox 3.5 as my default while I watch how this IE8
> >for some time...If IE8 is better then it will be my default....
> >Regards
>
> You can download Firefox version 3.6 from here:
>
> <http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/>
>
> hth

Thanks,,,,but what's the point I am still happy with my firefox
version and the IE8.... Could have love to prolong the IE6 but its
not supported anymore by MS
From: LD55ZRA on
Roy wrote:

>Thanks,,,,but what's the point I am still happy with my firefox
>version and the IE8.... Could have love to prolong the IE6 but its
>not supported anymore by MS

Yes IE6 is also not supported by Google, UTube, Facebook etc. They are
all moving forward with time.

I am glad everything is working fine on your system.

Keep it up.