From: scerab on
Greetings
I bought a tablet/laptop Fujitsu T4210 in the states and it came with a
genuine version of windows XP tablet PC edition. but then I relocated to the
middle east. and I want to upgrade to windows 7.
My query is as follows:
In order to upgrade to windows 7 do I have to:
1. Upgrade to windows vista, then upgrade to windows 7?
2. Or can I buy the windows 7 upgrade version in middle east, remember I got
my windows XP tablet PC edition in America.
3. Or do I have to just buy the full version of windows 7? (which I think is
a waste to my original version of XP that I have on my tablet).
If there are any other solution please let me know. thanks in advance.
From: Rainald Taesler on
scerab wrote:
> I bought a tablet/laptop Fujitsu T4210 in the states and it came
> with a genuine version of windows XP tablet PC edition. but then I
> relocated to the middle east. and I want to upgrade to windows 7.
> My query is as follows:
> In order to upgrade to windows 7 do I have to:
> 1. Upgrade to windows vista, then upgrade to windows 7?

No. You can "upgrade" directly.

> 2. Or can I buy the windows 7 upgrade version in middle east,
> remember I got my windows XP tablet PC edition in America.

It won't matter where the existing OS was bought.

> 3. Or do I have to just buy the full version of windows 7?

You can buy an Upgrade.
But possibly a full OEM/System Builder version might be cheaper. Search
in the net and on eBay.

> (which I think is a waste to my original version of XP that I have on
> my tablet).

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by this.
Why a"waste"?
What would you want to do with it after having installed Win7 on your
TabletPC?

I hope that you do not think of "upgrading" in the sense of
overinstalling Win7 over the existing system.
Beware of doing that! Win7 is that different that an install without
formatting the drive is a safe way into troubles.

Rainald
P.S. Depending on how old your machine is, there may be no FJS drivers
for Win7.
Check their website for everything available for your machine (all OSs).

From: scerab on
ok so what your saying is that i can upgrade an XP tablet PC edition (bought
from the states) to a windows 7 bought in the middle east?
this is the main issue to me really. because upgrading is much cheaper then
buying the whole version of windows 7.
From: Brian on

> Rainald
> P.S. Depending on how old your machine is, there may be no FJS drivers
> for Win7.
> Check their website for everything available for your machine (all OSs).

My Experience (Fujitsu 4215) With Win 7 upgrade: Works great bit I still
havn't found any Working device driver (screen buttons, screen rotation,
fingerprint Sensor and Smart Card reader , ...).

By the way,if anybody Could help. . ..

thanks

Maurizio

From: Rainald Taesler on
Brian wrote:
> Rainald wrote:

>> P.S. Depending on how old your machine is, there may be no FJS
>> drivers for Win7.
>> Check their website for everything available for your machine (all
>> OSs).
>
> My Experience (Fujitsu 4215) With Win 7 upgrade: Works great bit I
> still havn't found any Working device driver (screen buttons, screen
> rotation, fingerprint Sensor and Smart Card reader , ...).

Did you try the drivers for Vista (if any) and the old ones from XP
(installing with compatibility mode)?
The latter worked when I installed Vista i my HP/COMPAQ tc1100.
Everything worked there.
I had Win7 installed in a spare HDD but I obviously made a big mistake
with the initial calibration so that I'll have to re-do it.

Rainald