From: harshal on
Hi All,
I am creating a DLL that adds a menu item in a native menu. This worked fine
until i tried to build my project in Release mode.
Since I am using the Release build, it stopped working. The
DLLRegisterServer is called and the dll seems to get registered properly (No
error shown).
But the "DllGetClassObject" is just not bieng called.
The DLL works without any problem if I build the project in the Debug mode.
Am I missing something or doing something wrong. Please help..

Thanks,
Harshal
From: r_z_aret on
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 06:16:01 -0800, harshal
<harshal(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>I am creating a DLL that adds a menu item in a native menu. This worked fine
>until i tried to build my project in Release mode.

Most folks who provide answers in this group are volunteers and check
only once/day. So you should not expect quick answers. For this
particular question, no one can give you a definite solution without
way more information than most folks would read. So I sympathize, but
think you will have to do some slogging. And I suggest you start by
using google to learn about potential differences between Debug and
Release builds. One difference is that Debug builds initialize many
variables and Release builds don't. I just used google
(http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&) to look up
release debug
in this newsgroup and got 908 hits. I took a quick look and saw a few
that seem at least relevant.

>Thanks,
>Harshal

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: harshal on
Hey r_z_aret,

Thanks for the suggesstion. But I have had enough of reading / searching /
analysing before I posted this question. I suspected my problem to be among
the ones which many people might have faced. So, I just posted this question
here so that these people may tell me the things that I might have
overlooked/missed.
Finally, I have found out the problem and fixed it. Anyways, thanks for your
suggestion. That atleast gave me the knowledge that many people on this forum
visit it only once/day. I can keep that in mind from next time and plan my
actions acordingly.

BTW, the problem was that I was having some issue with my def file (which
some experts, like you, could have easily pointed to as a suspected cuase of
the issue and I posted this query with same anticipation). My prob is now
solved.

Thanks,
Harshal.