From: Bob Williams on
My ISP (COX.net) has notified me that on June 30, 2010, they will
discontinue usenet service.........Bummer!
What newsgroup service do you guys suggest I subscribe to?
I want to obtain not only regular newsgroups such as this one but also
BINARY newsgroups (groups that transmit text AND images?)
I live in Southern California USA.
Bob Williams
From: charles on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:50:54 -0700, Bob Williams
<mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote:

>My ISP (COX.net) has notified me that on June 30, 2010, they will
>discontinue usenet service.........Bummer!
>What newsgroup service do you guys suggest I subscribe to?
>I want to obtain not only regular newsgroups such as this one but also
>BINARY newsgroups (groups that transmit text AND images?)
>I live in Southern California USA.
>Bob Williams

I use Easynewws.com
From: Peter on
"Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> My ISP (COX.net) has notified me that on June 30, 2010, they will
> discontinue usenet service.........Bummer!
> What newsgroup service do you guys suggest I subscribe to?
> I want to obtain not only regular newsgroups such as this one but also
> BINARY newsgroups (groups that transmit text AND images?)
> I live in Southern California USA.
> Bob Williams

I have been using shared-secrets for years with few issues.

--
Peter

From: Dave Cohen on
On 5/11/2010 2:50 AM, Bob Williams wrote:
> My ISP (COX.net) has notified me that on June 30, 2010, they will
> discontinue usenet service.........Bummer!
> What newsgroup service do you guys suggest I subscribe to?
> I want to obtain not only regular newsgroups such as this one but also
> BINARY newsgroups (groups that transmit text AND images?)
> I live in Southern California USA.
> Bob Williams

I use motzarella, there may be a trivial sign up fee. I believe it
covers a fair number of groups but I only monitor a small number.
From: gordito995 on
Take a look at free.teranews.com