From: The Wolf on
An account no longer shows up in the login window or sys pref accounts?

The folder is still there under root/users how do I recreated the account?

From: Jolly Roger on
In article <C85DD622.4B051%elvisp(a)compuserve.com>,
The Wolf <elvisp(a)compuserve.com> wrote:

> An account no longer shows up in the login window or sys pref accounts?
>
> The folder is still there under root/users how do I recreated the account?

More information is required.

JR
From: Barry Margolin on
In article <C85DD622.4B051%elvisp(a)compuserve.com>,
The Wolf <elvisp(a)compuserve.com> wrote:

> An account no longer shows up in the login window or sys pref accounts?
>
> The folder is still there under root/users how do I recreated the account?

Does it still appear in the Accounts preferences?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
From: Mike Rosenberg on
The Wolf <elvisp(a)compuserve.com> wrote:

> An account no longer shows up in the login window or sys pref accounts?
>
> The folder is still there under root/users how do I recreated the account?

Set up the account again, using the identical long and short names as
you previously had. You should then get a message saying that a home
folder already exists for that account and asking if you want to use it.
Say okay.

--
My latest dance routines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkxGQmTvctc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTajUBrlA6c
From: The Wolf on
On 7/10/10 10:03 AM, in article
1jlf07d.jxjppfu8r81iN%mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com, "Mike Rosenberg"
<mikePOST(a)TOGROUPmacconsult.com> wrote:

> The Wolf <elvisp(a)compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> An account no longer shows up in the login window or sys pref accounts?
>>
>> The folder is still there under root/users how do I recreated the account?
>
> Set up the account again, using the identical long and short names as
> you previously had. You should then get a message saying that a home
> folder already exists for that account and asking if you want to use it.
> Say okay.
I'm in sys pref/accounts and following your instructions. I get the message
folder already exists do you want to use it? I say ok but the account does
not appear in the left hand pane.

If I decide to do a restore from time machine let me ask you this.

The machine is on the east coast I'm on the west. Using Timbuktu. The
machine has Leopard installed but I mailed them a snow leopard disk which is
not installed yet. Can they boot the machine with the snow leopard disk and
run restore from time machine although the machine only has leopard
installed?