From: Scorpion_1982 on
The example is good! :)

Many thanks for taking Your time for helping me, hope Your wife will
get well as soon as possible. Your posts helps me a lot, if You have a
free time, can You give me some link/addresses where I can learn
something about UDT in VB's examples.

ahh one thing more, how I can turn the string into structure because I
don't know a lot WinApi (copymemory)

Many thanks again.

From: Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) on
> By the way, if I suddenly disappear for a while and don't answer your
> questions then it's because I've got some problems at the moment with
> my wife in hospital for an operation (she's doing fine, by the way),

Here's wishing your wife a speedy recovery...

Rick
From: Mike Williams on
On 5 Nov, 21:53, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
<rickNOSPAMn...(a)NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote:

> Here's wishing your wife a speedy recovery...

Thanks Rick. I really appreciate it.

Mike

From: Mike Williams on
On 5 Nov, 21:40, Scorpion_1982 <Scorpion_1...(a)o2.pl> wrote:

> The example is good! :) Many thanks for taking
> Your time for helping me, hope Your wife will
> get well as soon as possible.

Thank you. You're very welcome. My wife is doing fine at the moment.
Thanks for asking. Regarding your request to place the resultant
string into the equivalent VB UDTs (the equivalent of "Get") would you
mind telling me how this data string arrives via your serial port
mechanism? Do you get the string as a "Byte array" (with just one byte
per character) or does it end up being received into a standard VB
variable length String type (two bytes per character)? I don't ever
egt involved in this serial port communications stuff and it would
help me to know how it works. Also, don't forget that I might be
unavailable to answer your response toi this question, but there will
be others here that will help you with it if I'm not around (and
possibly others here who will give you an even better solution).

> Your posts helps me a lot, if You have a
> free time, can You give me some link/addresses
> where I can learn something about UDT in VB's
> examples.

JUst type the word Put into some VB code and hit the F1 key. If you
have the full help files (MSDN help files) installed then the
appropriate help file will appear.

Mike

From: Scorpion_1982 on
Unfortunately I don't have the MSDN liblary for Visual Basic 6.0, My
cd get "old"
and my cd drive can't even read from it. is The liblary MSDN for VB6
full somewhere I can download it?
I looked at the microsoft.com but I can't find I mean there is such
thing but
not for download I guess.

I am looking all around the world an examples of UDT but I don't have
anything useful