From: Wayne on
On Apr 7, 10:22 am, "vanderghast" <vanderghast(a)com> wrote:
> As criteria?   try:
>
> MyFunction( )      as computed expression and
> IN( "Open", "Close")   as criteria, or    = "Open" OR "Close"
>
> Vanderghast, Access MVP
>
> "Wayne" <handyman1...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Using Access 2007 I created a user defined function used in a query
> > that works fine on single criteria but not two or more.
>
> > These work fine:
> > MyFunction="Open"
> > MyFunction="Closed
>
> > These don't work:
> > MyFunction="Open Or  Closed"
> > MyFunction="'Open' Or 'Closed'"
>
> > What do I need to type to get this to work?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, IN("Open","Closed") , "Open" Or "Closed" work if typed directly
in the query but I want to choose from a form which one to show.
From: John Spencer on
It seems as if you want something along the lines of

Private Sub cmdPrintReport_Click()

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stFilter as String

' get Option Button value
SELECT CASE Me.frameMyOption.Value
Case 1
stFilter = "[SomeFieldName] in ('Open','Close')"
Case 2
stFilter = "[SomeFieldName] = 'Open'"
Case 3
stFilter = "[SomeFieldName] = 'Close'"

END SELECT

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptMyReport", acViewNormal,,stFilter

End Sub

Remove the criteria from the report's source query.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Wayne on
On Apr 7, 11:12 am, John Spencer <spen...(a)chpdm.edu> wrote:
> It seems as if you want something along the lines of
>
> Private Sub cmdPrintReport_Click()
>
> Dim stDocName As String
> Dim stFilter as String
>
> ' get Option Button value
> SELECT CASE Me.frameMyOption.Value
>    Case 1
>       stFilter = "[SomeFieldName] in ('Open','Close')"
>    Case 2
>       stFilter = "[SomeFieldName] = 'Open'"
>    Case 3
>        stFilter = "[SomeFieldName] = 'Close'"
>
> END SELECT
>
>    DoCmd.OpenReport "rptMyReport", acViewNormal,,stFilter
>
> End Sub
>
> Remove the criteria from the report's source query.
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>

> Wayne wrote:
> > On Apr 7, 8:38 am, "Jeff Boyce" <nonse...(a)nonsense.com> wrote:
> >> Unless you let us know something specific about the function itself, it's
> >> going to be difficult to diagnose why it isn't working.
>
> >> Consider posting the function ... (and wouldn't the function spell out how
> >> many parameters it requires?  If it calls for one, it shouldn't work when
> >> you feed it two...)
>
> >> Regards
>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP- Hide quoted text -

Yes John the filter is the way to go. Thanks much.