From: Jerry on
Back on 6/13/07, "CE" asked whether there was any way to use Word commands
(such as F4 to repeat the last action) in Outlook. Back then, Sue Mosher said
that she was not aware of any way to do that.

Since then, has anybody found any way (modify the keyboard commands,
perhaps?) that will allow Word commands to function properly in Outlook? I
mean, come on! Word is supposed to be the e-mail editor for Outlook, for
heaven's sake. Why can't Word act like Word?

Thanks,

Jerry
From: Bob I on
Outlook 2007, or 2003?

From: Jerry on
2007. Sorry about that.

From: Bob I on
In Outlook 2007 F4 is assigned to "Search for text within a message or
other item." As for "Word" being used, the Outlook team borrowed some
Word dll files it doesn't actually use Word as the Editor.

From: Jerry on
In 2003, I could customize my keyboard to assign certain key strokes to a
different command. Can you do that in 2007?