From: Nick O on
Is it possible to use a custom Links Bar across multiple (SharePoint-based)
sites that all have the same parent site? I have a bar developed for my
parent site but don't seem to be able to assign it to other pages under the
same site. Thanks!
From: Ronx on
It is only possible to assign a link bar to pages in the same site.
However, a subsite is NOT the same site as the parent site. You will have to
create a new link bar for each of the multiple sites.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Nick O on
Bummer. Is there a way to copy the bar from page to page so I don't have to
create it new for each page?

From: Ronx on
Open a page with the link bar in a browser, then copy the HTML from View
Source. Paste into a new page, and use a copy of this page as an include
page in the subwebs (you will need a copy for each subweb).
When copying the navbar HTML, only copy the links , not the webbot comments.
You will have to amend the links in the include pages so they point to the
correct locations - the paths *will* be incorrect.
--

> Bummer. Is there a way to copy the bar from page to page so I don't have
> create it new for each page?
>
> "Ronx" wrote:
>
>> It is only possible to assign a link bar to pages in the same site.
>> However, a subsite is NOT the same site as the parent site. You will have
>> create a new link bar for each of the multiple sites.
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>>

>> "Nick O" <NickO(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to use a custom Links Bar across multiple
>> > (SharePoint-based)
>> > sites that all have the same parent site? I have a bar developed for
>> > my
>> > parent site but don't seem to be able to assign it to other pages under
>> > the
>> > same site. Thanks!
>>
>> .

Pages: 1