From: VanguardLH on
Summer1 wrote:

> Follow-up to my initial post.
>
> It took me 30 mins to figure this out but this is what I wanted to do:
>
> The 'print preview' under 'File, Print Preview' in IE 8 only shows the first
> page of an email but if I click on the 'printer icon' within hotmail, it
> opens a 'printer friendly' page. I can right-click on the page, click on
> 'print preview,' and scroll up and down to the page I want to print and print
> only that page.

Now you understand that printing a web page is not the same as printing
an HTML document [partially] shown on that web page. When you selected
File -> Print, you were printing what was currently displayed in the web
browser's window. When you elected to view the entire HTML document
then the web page also showed all of that document.

Printing a web page is not the same as printing a document shown in
scrollable or pageable window on that web page. You printed what you
saw in your web browser, and you didn't see all the HTML document in the
web browser's window using your first method.