From: Summer1 on

Hello.

I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8.

I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth
so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print
Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest
of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email.

Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of
pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on.

I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I want to print and print
that way rather than highlighting' the part that I want to print, clicking
'file, print, selection, and 'okay.'

I was pretty sure that I used to be able to go 'page yp and down' in an
email message/webpage and only 'print' that specific page.

From: Summer1 on
Follow-up to my initial post.

It took me 30 mins to figure this out but this is what I wanted to do:

The 'print preview' under 'File, Print Preview' in IE 8 only shows the first
page of an email but if I click on the 'printer icon' within hotmail, it
opens a 'printer friendly' page. I can right-click on the page, click on
'print preview,' and scroll up and down to the page I want to print and print
only that page.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Windows Live Online Solutions Center
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

• Solutions for Common Hotmail Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

• Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions here!
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: Elmo on
Summer1 wrote:
> Follow-up to my initial post.
>
> It took me 30 mins to figure this out but this is what I wanted to do:
>
> The 'print preview' under 'File, Print Preview' in IE 8 only shows the first
> page of an email but if I click on the 'printer icon' within hotmail, it
> opens a 'printer friendly' page. I can right-click on the page, click on
> 'print preview,' and scroll up and down to the page I want to print and print
> only that page.
>
> "Summer1" wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8.
>>
>> I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth
>> so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print
>> Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest
>> of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email.
>>
>> Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of
>> pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on.
>>
>> I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I want to print and print
>> that way rather than highlighting' the part that I want to print, clicking
>> 'file, print, selection, and 'okay.'
>>
>> I was pretty sure that I used to be able to go 'page yp and down' in an
>> email message/webpage and only 'print' that specific page.

In most programs, you can click/swipe across the text to highlight what
you want to print. Then click File, Print, and check "Selection". This
should print only the highlighted text. It doesn't work everywhere
though; the "Selection" button is sometimes grayed out.

--

Joe =o)
From: VanguardLH on
Summer1 wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8.
>
> I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth
> so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print
> Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest
> of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email.
>
> Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of
> pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on.
>
> I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I want to print and print
> that way rather than highlighting' the part that I want to print, clicking
> 'file, print, selection, and 'okay.'
>
> I was pretty sure that I used to be able to go 'page yp and down' in an
> email message/webpage and only 'print' that specific page.

There are no pages in HTML documents. Each HTML "page" is just one long
document.