From: Kevin on
Geoff,
I have just downloaded and installed SQL Master and am having difficulty
getting it to work. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong based on the
following:
1. Start SQL master which opens the Connection List, currently empty.
2. Click New to create a new connection
3. On the Data Link Properties select the Connection tab.
4. Select the Data source name, for example Kevin.
5. Type in the User Name (SQL Server Express is set for NT
Authentication).
6. Select the Initial Catalog, for example Kevin.
7. Click Test Connection, success.
8. Click OK
9. I get a prompt titled "Missing Master Database" with the message:
Kevi Database not found on Server. Create Empty Database?

Clicking No returns to the empty Connection List with message:
Connection opened but I could not locate the database named Kevi

10. Clicking Yes, gives some activity and then an error message:
CreateTableComplete - adErrFeatureNotAvailable
On: SPSTATUS

11. I then get a VO Kid Stack Size limit exceeded on
SVrSHOWMESSAGE:DESTROY(), line 0
12. Clicking OK closes SQL Master.

If it is of any significance, the ODBC connection is a User DSN using
the SQL Native Client Driver.
Is there something I am missing, not understanding or doing incorrectly?
Kevin

Pages: 1
Prev: is that 5333 safe ?
Next: Using SQL Master