From: nick on
On Apr 25, 10:38 am, VK <schools_r...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> In relation to @end I tested it on IE6 / Win XP and your statement
> about it being just closing part of @if-(a)elif-@else-(a)end block is
> right. And @cc_on once used keeps pragma parser on till the end of
> source. So either it was a change from IE5 to IE6 or - most probably -
> bad documentation from the very beginning.

If my memories from the IE5/6 days serve me correctly, what you are
looking for is @cc_off.
From: VK on
On Apr 25, 10:55 pm, nick <nick...(a)fastmail.fm> wrote:
> If my memories from the IE5/6 days serve me correctly, what you are
> looking for is @cc_off.

YES!!! That was that and not @end
http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138110
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-60367.html

Now a million bucks question how did get into the picture in the
middle of this decade. IE6 and IE8 do not know it and report syntax
error. MSDN is dead silent about as well, at least now. Looks like yet
another urban legend. By tracing it down it could be possible to find
out how urban legends and cargo cults in coding being born. Most
definitely (and Google + WayBack Machine are my witnesses) I did not
participate in its creation. At least consciously...

From: VK on
On Apr 26, 1:30 am, VK <schools_r...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> *
>  * Correction from the test lab: contrary to what MS says
>  * and in support of my arguments at 2) discission a set
>  * of machines with IE6 / Win XP SP2 in default installation
>  * failed to puck up on Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0 so used the older
>  * version: yet they happily picked up on Msxml2.XMLHTTP.4.0
>  * Whatever the exact reasons of it are, a branch for 4.0
>  * is added to ensure the newest version usage in all
>  * given circumstances.

Please disregard this comment: that was a false alarm from an altered
configuration. I thought I deleted it but obviously I didn't. Sorry.