From: Markus on
I have an autoshape that has a color transition that I create in different
sizes to use as bullets. I place each bullet item in a table that has one
column for the bullet (autoshape) and one for the text.

While all this lines up fine on the screen, if I try to print the page, the
bullets (autoshape) are misaligned outside the table cell where they appear
on screen.

Is there any way to "anchor" these autoshapes so they move with the text
when printing the page?

Many thanks for any help on this,
Mark
From: Ronx on
Convert the autoshapes to .gif or .jpg images (screen dump, crop and edit in
graphics editor and save as .jpg), and use those images instead. Autoshapes
are absolutely positioned VML objects which will not move when the browser
window is resized - and try your page in FireFox to see what difference a
browser can make. Print (when applied to web pages) is another form of
browser, usually at a different size to the browser used on screen.
Also, resize your browser window to see what happens - again, repeat in
FireFox.

See http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/vml-graphics for reasons why VML
(which includes autoshapes) should be avoided on web pages.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)