From: Juergen T on
Any news on this thread?

From: Juergen T on
PS: I found in the Event Log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: User Profiles
Event ID: 5187
Date: 07.03.2007
Time: 19:10:59
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER
My Site creation failure for user 'DOMAIN\FIRSTNAME.SURNAME' for site url
'http://portalserver/personal/domain_firstname_surname'. The exception was:
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.PersonalSiteCreateException: A failure
was encountered while attempting to create the site. --->
System.ArgumentException: Another site already exists at
http://portalserver/personal. Delete this site before attempting to create a
new site with the same URL, choose a new URL, or create a new inclusion at
the path you originally specified.
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.CreateSite(SPWebApplication
application, SPContentDatabase database, String originalPath, Guid id,
Pairing pairing, Uri redirectUri, Boolean useHostHeaderAsSiteName, Boolean
bypassExistingSiteCheck)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.CreateSite(SPWebApplication
application, SPContentDatabase database, String path, Boolean
useHostHeaderAsSiteName)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(SPContentDatabase
database, String siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID,
String webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail,
String secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName, String
secondaryContactEmail, String quotaTemplate, String sscRootWebUrl, Boolean
useHostHeaderAsSiteName)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String
siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String webTemplate,
String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail, String
secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName, String
secondaryContactEmail, Boolean useHostHeaderAsSiteName)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String
siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String webTemplate,
String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail, String
secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName, String
secondaryContactEmail)
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.<>c__DisplayClass2.<CreateSite>b__0()
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.<>c__DisplayClass2.<CreateSite>b__0()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated
secureCode)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback
secureCode, Object param)
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated
secureCode)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.CreateSite(String
strRequestUrl, Boolean bCollision, Int32 lcid).

But! --> there is no already existing site!!

From: Philippe Desmarais on
Hello everyone, regarding this issue,

I have already reported that issue to microsoft concerning this issue and
there is some workaround.

First of all you cannot have multiple my site host location in the same SSP
according to Microsoft.

We have requested from Microsoft to change this behavior which causes the
50% of CPU usage..

A request change as been made

If you need any additional info, you can contact me

Best Regards

Philippe D.