From: rjagathe on
For a long time,I have been using Creative sound card.Now, I want to
use in-built sound card on my mother board.But,it is not visible in
device manager.How to install it and use both hte sound cards?
From: Jose on
On Apr 4, 11:00 am, rjagathe <rjaga...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> For a long time,I have been using Creative sound card.Now, I want to
> use in-built sound card on my mother board.But,it is not visible in
> device manager.How to install  it and use both hte sound cards?

Use both? At the same time or would you 0somehow switch back and
forth whenever you wanted to?

How would Windows know which one you wanted to use?

Let's see what you have right now:

Please provide additional information about your system:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.

For audio information, expand the Components, click Sound Device,
click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.
From: Twayne on
In
rjagathe <rjagathe(a)gmail.com> typed:
> For a long time,I have been using Creative sound card.Now,
> I want to use in-built sound card on my mother board.But,it
> is not visible in device manager.How to install it and use
> both hte sound cards?

Just reinstall the drivers software for it. But first check
Device Manager to see if it's recognizing the embedded sound
card. IF it's not there you might need to click to install new
hardware and let it find the onboard sound card and install
it, or maybe it just needs to choose the "enabled" box. It may
just be marked "disabled".

I have had two soundcards, the onboard and my Creatives for
several computers now and they all work fine. You might have
to adjust some file associations, depending on what you want
played with which card. If you don't get any sound, check to
see if the onboard maybe requires a cable that was removed.
Usually they're little plugs with three wires in them. It's
probably not needed though.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Swifty on
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:00:02 -0700 (PDT), rjagathe <rjagathe(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>How to install it and use both hte sound cards?

It is possible that your onboard soundcard has become disabled in the
BIOS. It's worth checking there.

I have two soundcards, the onboard Soundmax chip and a Creative X-Fi
5.1 (USB) soundcard. They work fine together, but it was tricky
finding an easy way to control all of the volume settings. I ended up
using the Creative volume control for the X-Fi and the Windows native
volume control for the Soundmax.

I use the SoundMax for my Headset in VOIP/Video calls and the X-Fi for
everything else. This way, I don't get extraneous sounds ("You have
new mail") bursting in on calls.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html
From: rjagathe on
On Apr 4, 8:06 pm, Jose <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 11:00 am, rjagathe <rjaga...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For a long time,I have been using Creative sound card.Now, I want to
> > use in-built sound card on my mother board.But,it is not visible in
> > device manager.How to install  it and use both hte sound cards?
>
> Use both?  At the same time or would you 0somehow switch back and
> forth whenever you wanted to?
>
> How would Windows know which one you wanted to use?
>
> Let's see what you have right now:
>
> Please provide additional information about your system:
>
> Click Start, Run and in the box enter:
>
> msinfo32
>
> Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
> All, Copy and then paste the information back here.
>
> There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
> Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
> delete it from the pasted information.
>
> This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.
>
> For audio information, expand the Components, click Sound Device,
> click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

I have given below the info:
Name Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)
Manufacturer Creative Technology, Ltd.
Status OK
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80651102&REV_0A
\4&2E98101C&0&20F0
I/O Port 0x0000B400-0x0000B41F
IRQ Channel IRQ 18
Driver f:\windows\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys
(5.12.01.0252-1.31.0120, 817.92 KB (837,548 bytes), 08/03/2009 20:42)
I want to know how to enable on-board sound card via bios,so that I
can switch back and forth between two sound cards.I want on-board to
be used for Voip calls and Creative card to play music files throgh
5.1 speaker system.