From: Nicci on
We need to create a form of an invoice in a very specific format (determined
by an international shipping company). We will have several items which will
need to be filled in on every invoice. We would like to be able to fill in
all the pertinent invoice information on a spreadsheet and have each line
populate the form/invoice to save & print. I have used forms in the past in
which we just tab from text entry to text entry but we're hoping to make this
easier on the user by using a spreadsheet or some other form instead of
bouncing all over a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks
From: Gord Dibben on
One method..........there will be others.

I would create a workbook with one sheet.......Invoice sheet........and save
that workbook as a Template. Add VLOOKUP formulas referring to an input
sheet in another workbook.

The other workbook has a sheet where data is entered in a linear fashion.

Column A has descriptive text in A1:A10

B1:B10 is where you enter values to be returned to Invoice sheet.

Once Invoice sheet has been filled it can be saved and inputs workbook
B1:B10 cleared for next Invoice.

If you wanted it all in one workbook you could simply copy the filled
Invoice sheet to a new workbook then clear the input sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Eva on
Hi
This is easly to do. Create data sheet with all the information in one sheet
then create a form in the other and link both, or use the formula vlookup,
index, match - it does matther what you are doing.
--
Please click "yes" if this post helped you!

Greatly appreciated

Eva

"Nicci" wrote:

> We need to create a form of an invoice in a very specific format (determined
> by an international shipping company). We will have several items which will
> need to be filled in on every invoice. We would like to be able to fill in
> all the pertinent invoice information on a spreadsheet and have each line
> populate the form/invoice to save & print. I have used forms in the past in
> which we just tab from text entry to text entry but we're hoping to make this
> easier on the user by using a spreadsheet or some other form instead of
> bouncing all over a form. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel Sorting
Next: Excel 2007 - worksheets macro