From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Only if using the MinutesWorked function would you use a value list, but 2,3,
4,5 would be Monday to Thursday. You need 2,3,4,5,6. If we assume a nine-to-
five working day for instance the expression would be something like this:

MinutesWorked[DateTimeStart],[DateTimeEnd],#09:00#,#17:00#,2,3,4,5,6)

Or to get the value in hours as a decimal number:

MinutesWorked[DateTimeStart],[DateTimeEnd],#09:00#,#17:00#,2,3,4,5,6)/60

Or to get the value as hours:minutes:

MinutesWorked[DateTimeStart],[DateTimeEnd],#09:00#,#17:00#,2,3,4,5,6)\60 & ":
" & Format(MinutesWorked[DateTimeStart],[DateTimeEnd],#09:00#,#17:00#,2,3,4,5,
6) Mod 60,"00")

In each case the expression is a single line. Here it will be split over
several by your newsreader.

where DateTimeStart and DateTimeEnd are the fields of date/time data in which
the start and end times of the task are stored.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Correction: I missed the opening parenthesis in each case. Each expression
should start:

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Try this:

Sum(DateDiff("h",[OrderDateClerk],[CompletedandReturnedDate])-16*DateDiff("d",
[OrderDateClerk],[CompletedandReturnedDate])-IIf(WeekDay([OrderDateClerk]) =
6 And DateDiff("d",[OrderDateClerk],[CompletedandReturnedDate])>0,16,0))

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: David W. Fenton on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:41:01 -0700, Alaska1
><Alaska1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>In Weekday I am actually using the number 5 for 5 days?
>>

> No. The Weekday() function returns 1 for Sunday, 2 for Monday,
> ..., 5 for Thursday, 6 for Friday and 7 for Saturday. The code is
> checking if the starting point is on a Friday (6).

Isn't all of that very clearly explained in the Help file? That is,
am I wrong that somebody is not doing their homework here?

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Alaska1 on
Thank you. It is calculating the work days.

I noticed if the work time is only a half hour it counts it as zero. How do
I adjust for the half hour? It seems to be counting on hours.