From: Alaska1 on
I am using the DateDiff function in a report. I am using it based on 16
hours to caluclate process time of work. I need to include a 5 day work
week. if a worker gets something on Friday at 4:00pm and does not complete
until Monday morning. How do I calculate that time?
From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
Try something like this:

DateDiff("h",IIf(WeekDay([DateTimeStart])=6, [DateTimeStart]+2,
[DateTimeStart]), [DateTimeEnd])

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
PS: That assumes anything started on a Friday is not completed until Monday
of course. If a task could start and finish on the Friday try this:

DateDiff("h",IIf(WeekDay([DateTimeStart])=6,[DateTimeStart]+2, [DateTimeStart]
), IIf(WeekDay([DateTimeStart])=6 And WeekDay([DateTimeEnd])=6, [DateTimeEnd]
+2, [DateTimeEnd]))

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: ilan karaoğlu on

From: Alaska1 on
Thank you. I tried both formulas and used a start date of 4/23/2010 and end
date of 4/26/2010 which is a friday to a monday. It is calculating in the 8
hours for saturday and sunday.