From: Statreader on
I have two variables in two different datasets and want to use both in
a SAS procedure eg Proc Univariate. Can I do it anyhow without merging
the datasets?

Thanks.
From: Ya on
On Jun 23, 9:02 am, Statreader <shls...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two variables in two different datasets and want to use both in
> a SAS procedure eg Proc Univariate. Can I do it anyhow without merging
> the datasets?
>
> Thanks.

Then how about run the proc twice, one against the var from first
dataset, another run against var from second dataset?
From: Richard A. DeVenezia on
On Jun 23, 12:02 pm, Statreader <shls...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two variables in two different datasets and want to use both in
> a SAS procedure eg Proc Univariate. Can I do it anyhow without merging
> the datasets?
>
> Thanks.

You can use a VIEW to stack the data on the fly.

data combined / view = combined;
set
have1 (rename=(myxvar1 = xvar myyvar1=yvar)
have2 (rename=(myxvar2 = xvar myyvar2=yvar)
;
run;

proc univariate data=combined;

Richard A. DeVenezia