From: Alain B on
I have two applications, one using VB.net and one using VB 6.0.
To http access a protected apache server with VB.Net, I do:
public string CreateRequestURL(string baseURL)
{
StringBuilder sb = new
StringBuilder(baseURL).Append(String.Format(urlAppendix,_userID,PartNumber)­);

return sb.ToString();
}

public System.Net.HttpWebRequest GetWebRequest(string
baseURL)
{
System.Net.HttpWebRequest req =
(System.Net.HttpWebRequest)System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Create(new
Uri(CreateRequestURL(baseURL)));
req.Method = "GET";
req.UserAgent = RequestConstants.USER_AGENT;
req.Credentials = new
System.Net.NetworkCredential(_userID, _password);
return req;
}
This is working great but only on VB.net Visual Studio 2005

But I can't find any information on how to duplicate this
Credentials/
security with the old VB 6.0 technilogy when using MSXL2.DOMDocument
in a dom.async way. Do I need to set the dom.setProperty, how? For
reason of time, I can't move the VB 6.0 application to .net
technology; is there a way to supply the _userID, _password to apache
server at the connection level (not in the URL statement which is not
working)?

Thank you for pointer, or link that I may have missed.

From: Randy Birch on
Does passing the user and pw in the url work? ...

http://username:password(a)www.whatever.com

--

Randy Birch
MS MVP, Visual Basic

Please respond to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

From: Alain B on
On Sep 26, 3:51 pm, "Randy Birch" <rgb_removet...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> Does passing the user and pw in the url work? ...

I did state this on my original post:
"not in the URL statement, which is not working"

Maybe the only way is to write a .net wrapper for that function alone,
but before .net how people where doing this?

From: Randy Birch on
Sorry -- missed that tidbit.