From: John Guarnieri on
Hi All,

Is there a way of doing a select all, copy and paste on a webpage through
code without the user seeing the action being preformed?

I have code that does all this in the webbrowser control but I want to do
it without it being obvious to the user that a select all copy and paste is
happening. I want this to happen without the user knowing it. I have my
reasons for doing this.

Any ideas?

TIA John
jguarnieri(a)adelphia.net

From: Dag Sunde on
"John Guarnieri" <jguarnieri(a)adelphia.net> skrev i melding
> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way of doing a select all, copy and paste on a webpage through
> code without the user seeing the action being preformed?
>
> I have code that does all this in the webbrowser control but I want to do
> it without it being obvious to the user that a select all copy and paste
> is happening. I want this to happen without the user knowing it. I have my
> reasons for doing this.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, but you better convince me that your reasons are not malicious.

I know nothing of what your app do, so I don't know if the page contains
the users account numbers, pin codes and passwords when you grab the
content of the page.

:-)

--
Dag.

From: John Guarnieri on
Thanks for the reply.
No it is not malicious intent.

I foundthe following code on planet source code:
1: WebBrowser Tricks
2: Cant touch this

Web browser tricks allows you to:
select all, copy and paste a webpage and can't touch this will save copied
text text to a file named cant touch this.log

I want to copy individual workorders from my jobs website and save them to a
file. I have done this sucessfully incorporating the above 2 programs with
some
modifications. I just don't like the looks of the select all and copy
routines, I would like it to happen without it being seen by the user.

The whole web page gets selected which is what I really want to hide the
copy and paste is unseen anyway.

Here are the links if you want to try the code.

TIA

John G.

Title: Cant touch this
text to clipboard , it writes to a log file so then you can see what you
copied. ?t is for users who forgets to paste text that he copied to
clipboard.
This file came from Planet-Source-Code.com...the home millions of lines of
source code
You can view comments on this code/and or vote on it at:
http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=36873&lngWId=1

The author may have retained certain copyrights to this code...please
observe their request and the law by reviewing all copyright conditions at
the above URL.

Title: WebBrowser Tricks
Enable/Disable Forward and back Buttons,
Standard Navigation Buttons,
Cut/Copy/Paste/SelectAll edit functions,
Auto-Complete Address Box,
Saving and Loading MRUs,
Avoiding duplicates in Combo/List boxes,
The 'about:' Navigation method,
Opening and Saving Web Pages,
Using Explorers' Find File or Folder Dialog,
Finding text on current page,
Sizing text on Web pages,
Showing a progress guage,
Showing Status text,
Creating HTML pages at runtime.
If I get some interest via the way of votes I'll put up some more

http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=13696&lngWId=1

From: mayayana on
Are you familiar with the document object model
(DOM) at all? If you set a reference to mshtml.tlb you'll
get "intellisense" for it. The WB.Document object
is the same as the IE document object.

Document.Body.innerText is the text of the webpage.
Everything in the page is accessible through the DOM
in one way or another, but it's a vast object model and
some of it is poorly designed. It's not always easy to
figure out how to get exactly what you want to get.

From: Dag Sunde on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana1a(a)mindXXspring.com> skrev i melding
> Are you familiar with the document object model
> (DOM) at all? If you set a reference to mshtml.tlb you'll
> get "intellisense" for it. The WB.Document object
> is the same as the IE document object.
>
> Document.Body.innerText is the text of the webpage.
> Everything in the page is accessible through the DOM
> in one way or another, but it's a vast object model and
> some of it is poorly designed. It's not always easy to
> figure out how to get exactly what you want to get.

Yup... That was what I was going to suggest.

Get hold of the DOM document of the loaded page, and
grab the outermost html element that wraps the data
you're interested in.
In your case (OP) its probably a table or a div that wraps
the workorders.

This should get you started:

Add a webbrowser contols to a form, an add "Microsoft HTML
Object Library" in references.

'-------------------
Option Explicit

Dim m_Dom As MSHTML.HTMLDocument

Private Sub Form_Load()
WebBrowser1.Navigate2 "http://www.google.com/"

End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentComplete(ByVal pDisp As Object, URL As
Variant)

' Get the dom document, and print the text-content
Set m_Dom = pDisp.Document
Debug.Print m_Dom.documentElement.innerText

' Grap a different interface to the dom to do some manipulation
Dim dom As IHTMLDocument3
Set dom = m_Dom
' Fill google's search text box
dom.getElementsByName("q")(0).Value = "Search for this"
Debug.Print dom.getElementsByName("q")(0).Value

End Sub

--
Dag.

Pages: 1