From: Jmark on
Hello All,

I am a SAP Admin and I'm trying to implement some SAP GUI VBScript files so
we can automate some adminsitrative tasks. I've been given some scripts that
seem to work according to multiple people, but on two machienes I get an
VBScript error when running them. I've looked endlessly for a mention of this
error and get absolutly nothing other than IE8 errors. The purpose of this
script it to simply login to an SAP installation.

The code and error is as follows:

**The Code**
1 Set SapGui = GetObject("SAPGUI")
2 Set application = SapGui.GetScriptingEngine
3 Set connection = application.OpenConnection("MY_SID", True)
4 Set Session = connection.children(0)
5 session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/txtRSYST-BNAME").text = "UNAME"
6 session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/pwdRSYST-BCODE").text = "PWORD"
7 session.findById("wnd[0]").sendVKey 0

**The Error**
Windows Script Host
Line: 3
Char: 1
Error: Error descripiton not available
Code: 800A03E8
Source: saplogon

From: Mayayana on
You should ask that in a SAP group. It's a problem
with the object, not with the script. All anyone can
tell from what you provided is that there was a failure
getting an object returned from the OpenConnection
method.