From: kpg on
"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in

> "epilot10" <epilot10(a)yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone
>> knows where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.
>
> I have seen some products that "fix" scratched CD's, unfortunately, I
> don't know the search term.

I own one, but you'd do just as well with a polishing cloth.

I'm convinced that CD makers use a scratch-prone plastic just to
ensure a limited life-span. You can't tell me that scratch resistant
plastics can't be made with the correct refraction index for the laser
to work properly.

Keep in mind the etched surface (or whatever its called) is not permanent
either, and will eventually lose information.
From: bitshifter on
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:31:20 -0500, epilot10 <epilot10(a)yahoo.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
>My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone knows
>where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.
>
>Thank's
>
>Jacquelin Hardy
>jachardy-removethis-(a)videotron.ca

From the Departement of Stupid Tricks That Worked:

I usually use Windex on the reading side and wipe it of with a
non-scratching clothe.

I figure microcracks are developing in the plastic andf are filled by
the liquid. It works.
When that happens, I make a new archival copy CD/DVD.

From: mscir on
bitshifter(a)sympatico.ca wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:31:20 -0500, epilot10 <epilot10(a)yahoo.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone knows
>> where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.
>>
>> Thank's
>>
>> Jacquelin Hardy
>> jachardy-removethis-(a)videotron.ca
>
> From the Departement of Stupid Tricks That Worked:
>
> I usually use Windex on the reading side and wipe it of with a
> non-scratching clothe.
>
> I figure microcracks are developing in the plastic andf are filled by
> the liquid. It works.
> When that happens, I make a new archival copy CD/DVD.

I did the same thing with olive oil once. Either it worked, or the drive
read the disk correctly becasue it wanted to, at least it's
non-destrutive and reversible (as Windex is).

From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 14:31:20 -0500, epilot10 <epilot10(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:

� Hello,

� My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone knows
� where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.

� Thank's

� Jacquelin Hardy
� jachardy-removethis-(a)videotron.ca

Call the Microsoft Order Desk. There probably will be a charge to replace the disk but Visual Studio
6.0 is on their list:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284230

Paul
~~~~