From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike B wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Paul Clement wrote:
>>> � My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone knows
>>> � where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.
>>>
>>> Call the Microsoft Order Desk. There probably will be a charge to replace
>>> the disk but Visual Studio 6.0 is on their list:
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284230
>>
>> I'll be darned. Should be noted, for the thread, that the "offer" is
>> limited to the Enterprise Edition only, though. (As opposed to the wide
>> array of editions offered for products not asked about.)
>
> It has been many years, but there used to be an 800 number to "Microsoft
> Fullfillment" that would replace disks when you provided a valid serial
> number.

It was in that KB linked to above:

U.S. Customers can contact the Microsoft Order Desk at 1-800-360-7561,
Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.

Canadian Customers can contact the Microsoft Order Desk at
1-800-933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific
time.

Unfortunately, the same article implied it was a somewhat limited
offer, as to which products it applied to.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike B wrote:
>>> � My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone knows
>>> � where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.
>>>
>>> Call the Microsoft Order Desk. There probably will be a charge to replace
>>> the disk but Visual Studio 6.0 is on their list:
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284230
>>
>> I'll be darned. Should be noted, for the thread, that the "offer" is
>> limited to the Enterprise Edition only, though. (As opposed to the wide
>> array of editions offered for products not asked about.)
>
> I think it is worth a call to the number at this kb page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246
>
> The worst that can happen is you can't get it exchanged.

Yeah, worth a shot. Same number(s) though as in the previously offered
link.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
epilot10 wrote:
> Le 2010-03-09 14:31, epilot10 a �crit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> My Visual Sudio #1 disk, with VB6 on it, is now useless. If anyone knows
>> where I could get this CD, I would really appreciate.
>
> Many thanks to all of you that took the time to answer my request.
>
> Windex did the job.

Wow, that's really good to know! Thanks for the follow-up!

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"epilot10" <epilot10(a)yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:u84gZ7IwKHA.812(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: Many thanks to all of you that took the time to answer my request.
:
: Windex did the job.

Very cool. This is also the point where you might want to consider making additional backups for that disk so this does not become an issue again for you in the future. :)
From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "epilot10" <epilot10(a)yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>> Many thanks to all of you that took the time to answer my request.
>>
>> Windex did the job.
>
> Very cool. This is also the point where you might want to consider making
> additional backups for that disk so this does not become an issue again for
> you in the future. :)

One word: WinImage!

Nothing beats an ISO, preferably replicated on multiple disks. :-)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |