From: Michael on
New PC, XPSP3 with all current updates
Visual Studio 6 install quits after clicking Next on splash screen
Tried running setup as Administrator - get message saying Windows has been
locked down
Any help would be appreciated
Michael

From: Nobody on
"Michael" <who(a)where.com> wrote in message
> New PC, XPSP3 with all current updates
> Visual Studio 6 install quits after clicking Next on splash screen
> Tried running setup as Administrator - get message saying Windows has been
> locked down
> Any help would be appreciated

It seems that your copy of Windows needs activation, but I could be wrong.
If the message box is like those standard message boxes, press Ctrl+C which
copies the contents of the dialog box as text to the Clipboard. Post what
you see here, or on a Windows XP group.

From: Michael on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "Michael" <who(a)where.com> wrote in message
> > New PC, XPSP3 with all current updates
> > Visual Studio 6 install quits after clicking Next on splash screen
> > Tried running setup as Administrator - get message saying Windows has
been
> > locked down
> > Any help would be appreciated
>
> It seems that your copy of Windows needs activation, but I could be wrong.
> If the message box is like those standard message boxes, press Ctrl+C
which
> copies the contents of the dialog box as text to the Clipboard. Post what
> you see here, or on a Windows XP group.

Thanks Nobody but:
all other software installs fine
this is a dual-boot with Win7 - where it installed fine before activating
Windows

I think I remember that there was a Windows Update that screwed things up
like this but I can't find any mention on Google.

Michael

From: Mike Williams on

> this is a dual-boot with Win7 - where it installed
> fine before activating Windows

Does it install okay on the Win7 side?

Mike

From: Michael on

"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote in message
> "Michael" <who(a)where.com> wrote in message
>
> > this is a dual-boot with Win7 - where it installed
> > fine before activating Windows
>
> Does it install okay on the Win7 side?
>
> Mike

Yes Mike no problem at all