From: Harvey Triana on
Hello-

First, i enable PC Administrator
Second, i follow http://msmvps.com/blogs/bill/archive/2004/07/14/10069.aspx
Right. VB6 is installed on Windows 7 64-Bit

Now i want to install SP6.
-setupsp6.exe doesn't run (it is a 16 bit application, -isn't it?)
-I try with rename sp698vbo.stf as acmsetup.stf, and run acmsetup.exe
Works until message error: ... installer does not detect installed Visual
Studio 6.0 products ...

Sombody knows how to resolve this?

--
<Harvey Triana />

From: Ralph on
Harvey Triana wrote:
> Hello-
>
> First, i enable PC Administrator
> Second, i follow
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bill/archive/2004/07/14/10069.aspx Right. VB6
> is installed on Windows 7 64-Bit
>
> Now i want to install SP6.
> -setupsp6.exe doesn't run (it is a 16 bit application, -isn't it?)
> -I try with rename sp698vbo.stf as acmsetup.stf, and run acmsetup.exe
> Works until message error: ... installer does not detect installed
> Visual Studio 6.0 products ...
>
> Sombody knows how to resolve this?

According to microsoft "the common directory and installation setting for
Visual Studio can become *damaged*". Whatever the hell that means. <g>

Anyway you need to "refresh the common directory".
The only thing they suggest is to re-install Visual Studio before
re-installing the SP.
Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.
Select the Install/Uninstall tab.
Select Visual Studio xx
Select Add/Remove.
VS/VB Setup starts, select Reinstall

Microsoft talks about this as repairing "Visual Studio 6". "Visual Basic 6"
is never mentioned. <g>

I know it works for Visual Studio Enterprise. Only because we tried it out
of pure desperation - before we talked to MS Support. Don't know if it works
for the VB6 stand-alone package. But no reason to assume that it won't.
Please let me know if it works for you.

-ralph

From: Harvey Triana on
> Please let me know if it works for you

My expirience... I installed a strong application (client-server) that was
compiled in an environment of 32 bits, SP6. Next, i copy all code in my
Windows 7 x64. For instance, VB6 works fine... (session: Administrator)

<Harvey Triana />

"Ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:eQfn4vgkKHA.4872(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Claire on
You received nice reply from Ralph.
Why don't you try what he's suggested and help him to find an answer?
Beats me,
Claire

From: C. Kevin Provance on

| First, i enable PC Administrator
| Second, i follow http://msmvps.com/blogs/bill/
| Right. VB6 is installed on Windows 7 64-Bit

Well, there is half the problem. Taking advice from a site Bill McCarthy
put together is bound to fail. He is no friend of this community.