From: Edward on
As an alternative method I though if I can use the pageset up dialog box
maybe we can work around this issue.
something like
CommandBars.FindControl(Id:= ?).Execute
SendKeys "Enter"
but pasgesetup is in a group with policy ID 11551 and I get an error useing
the above code for openning the dialog box .
Steve , do you think I can use this method?

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <6D850B8E-6165-42EB-9BE2-F11D222AC3B6(a)microsoft.com>, Edward wrote:
> Thanks, Steve. Yes as I mentioned I can set all other properties except for
> the size.
> This code is part of procedure that based on users region selection(US or
> nonUS) authomatically changes the slide size from letter to A4.
> If I set width and height separately , the page size dropdown will display
> custom instead of letter or A4 , which is not a major problem , but still not
> perfect.
>
> If you can repro the same thing that means this a bug in 07. In 03 this code
> works fine. so I hopw MS will fix this.
>
> I wonder why it works for John Wilson ???

It may have to do with whether your default page size is Letter or A4 to begin
with. John's in UK, so he's an A4 type. I'm in the US, so my default's Letter.
How about you?

Anyhow, try setting the size to the correct dimensions as I suggested and THEN
change the .Size property to the named size you want.

That seems to do it here.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: John Wilson on
Weird both letter and A4 work here as expected. Even if I change everything
to US it still works! My set up is Office Ultimate and Windows 7 Ultimate
both fully updated.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4680 (20091211) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <e9m#STveKHA.1648(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, John Wilson wrote:
> Weird both letter and A4 work here as expected. Even if I change everything
> to US it still works! My set up is Office Ultimate and Windows 7 Ultimate
> both fully updated.

Ah, well then. There you are.

I have no idea where either, though. ;-)

As it happens I was still messing around with 2007 SP1 in a VM I happened to
have open, but since OP mentioned using SP2, that doesn't seem to be the issue.

The VM's Win XPPro, also SP2.

FWIW.

==============================

From: Edward on
I tested with 07 sp2 on Vista and XP, both have the same bug. I think when
John says it works for him , he is referring to the drop down boxes ,which
correctly change the values , but they don't actially change the slide size (
and if you save the PP and open it again settings return to the original
settings).
Anyhow for now, I used the height and weight . Thanks both you guys
--
Best regards,
Edward