From: Rod on
I thought there used to be newsgroups dedicated to using VBA with Outlook.
Where have they gone?

What is now the recommended newsgroup for VBA/Outlook questions?

From: DL on
MS is currently switching off the newsgroup server and moving MS groups to;
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

From: Sue Mosher [MVP] on
We're hoping to get an Outlook programming forum on the Answers site, but
until then the best fit is the Outlook for Developers forum at MSDN:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/threads
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

From: Rod on
thanks both, wasn't aware of the move.
Looks to be a big backwards step.

From: VanguardLH on
Rod wrote:

> I thought there used to be newsgroups dedicated to using VBA with
> Outlook. Where have they gone? What is now the recommended newsgroup
> for VBA/Outlook questions?

Stop using Microsoft's NNTP server. Microsoft is leaving Usenet
because they had no control over it. Connect your newsreader (Outlook
Express) to a non-Microsoft NNTP and, voila, thar be dem newsgroups.

Microsoft operates just one NNTP server in the worldwide mesh network
of NNTP server (aka Usenet). Just go to a different NNTP server to get
at the microsoft.public.* newsgroups. There are free and paid NNTP
servers, like Giganews, Albasani, Eternal-September, and individual.net
(and who are not dropping the microsoft.public.* newsgroups).