From: Dave on
On Jan 18, 3:47 pm, Charles <cwmic...(a)xoc.net> wrote:
> Bob Villa wrote:
> > On Jan 17, 2:09 pm, "Tom Scales" <tjsca...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Depends on the TV.  Samsung and Vizio do well with VGA (at least the
> >> ones I own).  LG is a failure.
>
> >> Make sure that VGA supports the native panel resolution.  If so, HDMI
> >> and VGA will be virtually identical.

Not sure what you are talking about. BOTH hdmi and vga are WIRED.
Dave
From: Bob Villa on
On Jan 18, 5:18 pm, Dave <metalman...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 3:47 pm, Charles <cwmic...(a)xoc.net> wrote:

Refering to wireless keyb'd and mouse!
From: Tom Lake on

"n o s p a m p l e a s e" <nospam.please(a)live.com> wrote in message
> I watch streaming videos/media on TV. I have connected my laptop to TV
> through a cable (I guess s-video cable). My TV is old and so is
> laptop. I am thinking to change TV (42" LED).
>
> One store is of the opinion that I must get a new computer with
> provision for HDMI connection to TV.

If you plan on watching Blu-ray, get the HDMI. The copy protection
won't allow you to play through VGA without cracks.

Tom Lake

From: Charles on
Dave wrote:
> On Jan 18, 3:47 pm, Charles <cwmic...(a)xoc.net> wrote:
>> Bob Villa wrote:

I assumed from your original post you were watching streaming videos
over the internet thus I was talking about wireless vs wired connections
to your router. If this is not the case, disregard my earlier comment.
From: Charles on
Dave wrote:
> On Jan 18, 3:47 pm, Charles <cwmic...(a)xoc.net> wrote:
>> Bob Villa wrote:

I assumed from your original post that you were watching streaming
videos from the internet thus the wired / wireless connection to your
router. If this is not the case, disregard my previous statement.
Sorry about the possible confusion.
Charles