From: Bob Levine on
I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio Desktop.
I have a customer having some issues with the video on this machine. It
gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.

Anyone know where I can find those codes?

Bob

From: Pen on
On 1/17/2010 4:30 PM, Bob Levine wrote:
> I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio
> Desktop. I have a customer having some issues with the video on this
> machine. It gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.
>
> Anyone know where I can find those codes?
>
> Bob
The Studio Docs are found here
http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~subcat=178&~cat=12
From: RnR on
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:30:08 -0500, "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com>
wrote:

>I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio Desktop.
>I have a customer having some issues with the video on this machine. It
>gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.
>
>Anyone know where I can find those codes?
>
>Bob

Bob, first I don't know but see if this helps any....
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19239433/19388979.aspx

This forum talks of the same problem. Note the long post dated Dec.
14th.
From: Tom Scales on
The beep codes should be in the manual for the specific model.

Since you didn't mention the model, I googled a bit. Appears to be a
memory problem.

From: Bob Levine on
"Tom Scales" <tjscales(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> The beep codes should be in the manual for the specific model.
>
> Since you didn't mention the model, I googled a bit. Appears to be a
> memory problem.

It's the 540 but I'm I'm pretty sure it's a video card issue. I managed to
reinstall the video driver in safe mode, but it's done no good.

Machine is only a couple of days old, so I'll have the customer call Dell
and get them to fix it. Could be a bad mobo or a bad video card.

Bob

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: VGA vs HDMI