From: RnR on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:59:25 -0500, "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com>
wrote:

>"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> Bob Levine wrote:
>>> "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> Update: The video card was replaced and everything seems fine. But that
>>> one beep, two beeps is still there.
>>>
>>> Going to pop over there tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> enter the bios and press alt-f to select factory defaults.
>
>I'll give it a whirl...thanks,
>
>Bob

Bob, FWIW, that URL I gave earlier has an added post and the last post
said that Dell recommended a replacement board and memory.

I concur after reading the entire URL. Many claimed that the video
card nor bios version did nothing to fix the problem. One had the
problem on a 3 day old system.
From: Bob Levine on
"RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Bob, FWIW, that URL I gave earlier has an added post and the last post
> said that Dell recommended a replacement board and memory.
>
> I concur after reading the entire URL. Many claimed that the video
> card nor bios version did nothing to fix the problem. One had the
> problem on a 3 day old system.

We'll see what happens. But this machine has that one beat. It was one day
old.

But that's actually pretty typical in cases like this. Defective parts tend
to go pretty quickly.

Bob

From: Ben Myers on
Bob Levine wrote:
> "RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Bob, FWIW, that URL I gave earlier has an added post and the last post
>> said that Dell recommended a replacement board and memory.
>>
>> I concur after reading the entire URL. Many claimed that the video
>> card nor bios version did nothing to fix the problem. One had the
>> problem on a 3 day old system.
>
> We'll see what happens. But this machine has that one beat. It was one
> day old.
>
> But that's actually pretty typical in cases like this. Defective parts
> tend to go pretty quickly.
>
> Bob

In the computer biz, this is called "infant mortality"... Ben Myers
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: VGA vs HDMI
Next: SSD with eSata enclosure