From: RnR on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:59:51 -0500, "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com>
wrote:

>"Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio
>> Desktop. I have a customer having some issues with the video on this
>> machine. It gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can find those codes?
>>
>> Bob
>
>Just wanted thank everyone for their input. Customer called Dell and they
>came to the same conclusion that I did...bad video card.
>
>That will be confirmed later today, hopefully since someone is supposed to
>come their place to install a new one.
>
>Bob

Bob, can you tell us what did the trick after it's fixed? The link I
gave seem to indicate maybe not the video card after some pulled it.
One person said Dell told them a bad system board so who knows.
Another said the beeps went away when all the USB stuff was pulled.
Of course I'm just repeating what I read so I have no idea but I hope
you will (if your customer tells you) what fixes it. Good Luck and
thanks.
From: Bob Levine on
"RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Bob, can you tell us what did the trick after it's fixed? The link I
> gave seem to indicate maybe not the video card after some pulled it.
> One person said Dell told them a bad system board so who knows.
> Another said the beeps went away when all the USB stuff was pulled.
> Of course I'm just repeating what I read so I have no idea but I hope
> you will (if your customer tells you) what fixes it. Good Luck and
> thanks.

Bad mobo came to my mind also, but the only way to find out is to replace
that video card. I'll give the customer a call in a day or two if they don't
get back to me.

Bob

From: Bob Levine on
"Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
> I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio
> Desktop. I have a customer having some issues with the video on this
> machine. It gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.
>
> Anyone know where I can find those codes?
>
> Bob

Update: The video card was replaced and everything seems fine. But that one
beep, two beeps is still there.

Going to pop over there tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.

Bob

From: Christopher Muto on
Bob Levine wrote:
> "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio
>> Desktop. I have a customer having some issues with the video on this
>> machine. It gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can find those codes?
>>
>> Bob
>
> Update: The video card was replaced and everything seems fine. But that
> one beep, two beeps is still there.
>
> Going to pop over there tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.
>
> Bob

enter the bios and press alt-f to select factory defaults.
From: Bob Levine on

"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Bob Levine wrote:
>> "Bob Levine" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm having quite the time finding a key to beep codes for a Studio
>>> Desktop. I have a customer having some issues with the video on this
>>> machine. It gives one beep followed by a pause and then two quick beeps.
>>>
>>> Anyone know where I can find those codes?
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> Update: The video card was replaced and everything seems fine. But that
>> one beep, two beeps is still there.
>>
>> Going to pop over there tomorrow or Thursday to check it out.
>>
>> Bob
>
> enter the bios and press alt-f to select factory defaults.

I'll give it a whirl...thanks,

Bob

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4