From: Silichip on
IF YOU EVER HAD YOUR HARD DRIVE PARTITION DELETED BY A VIRUS
ATTACK USING RAPIDSHARE OR MEGAUPLOAD PATCHES THEN HERE A
WAY TO RECOVER YOUR LOST PARTITION WITHOUT LOOSING ANY OF
THE DATA ON THE HARD DRIVE AND BRING BACK WIN XP TO YOUR PC.

MY TEST DISK (Size 5Mb) DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://rapidshare.com/files/47316877/Silichip_Test_Disk_v6.7.iso.html

First thing to do is to copy the TestDisk.iso file to cd using Nero
'Burn image to disk' or use alcohol 120% or MagicISO.

Now go to BIOS then to startup boot mode and change it to CD/DVD load
first option and save then restart your PC.

Now the cd will load up in MSDOS mode, when it finish change A: to e:
e.g. your cd/dvd rom drive then type testdisk.exe to run the program.

Once that done, use the arrow keys to select and press Enter key.

In the first menu you have 3 option (Create, Append, No log) to store a
log file, select any and move on and select your media e.g. your
infected hard drive to proceed.

Now select the partition table type (Intel/Pc, Mac, None, Sun, Xbox,
Return) If you have Windows then select INTEL.

Second option are (Analyse, Advanced, Geometry, Options, MBR Code,
Delete, Quit) so please select ANALYSE and the key command are A: add
Partition, L: Load Backup, T: Change Type, P: List Files but ignore that
and proceed to the [Write] by pressing the Enter key to continue.

A message will say 'Write partition table, Confirm? (Y/N)' so press the
Y key to recover your lost partition table.

effect [Ok]' That all folks!

Quit the program and reboot your system without the cd and now you
should have all your data back and windows working again. If your
Windows doesn't boot, try fixmbr from the Windows Recovery Console
(Xp Windows Cd) and type fixboot to repair NTFS boot sector.

There is data recovery software on this disk as well just type
photorec.exe in MSDOS.

For any type of help using MSDOS commands go to
http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm

Here that download link again (A must have tool for your Pc.)
http://rapidshare.com/files/47316877/Silichip_Test_Disk_v6.7.iso.html

Good Luck!
From: Gabriele Neukam on
On this special day, Silichip wrote:

> WITHOUT LOOSING ANY OF
> THE DATA ON THE HARD DRIVE AND BRING BACK WIN XP TO YOUR PC.

Not, if the owner contracted something like Opaserve.k

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2002-122416-1629-99&tabid=2
(Technical Details)

and testdisk can easily be retrieved on an official CD iso without
requiring Rapidshare

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ (under Partition Tools)

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam(a)t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

From: Dustin Cook on
Silichip <silichip(a)mailblock.com> wrote in news:2s-
dnUxQb5Xr5yrbRVnytgA(a)eclipse.net.uk:

> IF YOU EVER HAD YOUR HARD DRIVE PARTITION DELETED BY A VIRUS
> ATTACK USING RAPIDSHARE OR MEGAUPLOAD PATCHES THEN HERE A
> WAY TO RECOVER YOUR LOST PARTITION WITHOUT LOOSING ANY OF
> THE DATA ON THE HARD DRIVE AND BRING BACK WIN XP TO YOUR PC.
>
> MY TEST DISK (Size 5Mb) DOWNLOAD LINK:
> http://rapidshare.com/files/47316877/Silichip_Test_Disk_v6.7.iso.html
>
> First thing to do is to copy the TestDisk.iso file to cd using Nero
> 'Burn image to disk' or use alcohol 120% or MagicISO.
>
> Now go to BIOS then to startup boot mode and change it to CD/DVD load
> first option and save then restart your PC.
>
> Now the cd will load up in MSDOS mode, when it finish change A: to e:
> e.g. your cd/dvd rom drive then type testdisk.exe to run the program.
>
> Once that done, use the arrow keys to select and press Enter key.
>
> In the first menu you have 3 option (Create, Append, No log) to store a
> log file, select any and move on and select your media e.g. your
> infected hard drive to proceed.
>
> Now select the partition table type (Intel/Pc, Mac, None, Sun, Xbox,
> Return) If you have Windows then select INTEL.
>
> Second option are (Analyse, Advanced, Geometry, Options, MBR Code,
> Delete, Quit) so please select ANALYSE and the key command are A: add
> Partition, L: Load Backup, T: Change Type, P: List Files but ignore
that
> and proceed to the [Write] by pressing the Enter key to continue.
>
> A message will say 'Write partition table, Confirm? (Y/N)' so press the
> Y key to recover your lost partition table.

> effect [Ok]' That all folks!
>
> Quit the program and reboot your system without the cd and now you
> should have all your data back and windows working again. If your
> Windows doesn't boot, try fixmbr from the Windows Recovery Console
> (Xp Windows Cd) and type fixboot to repair NTFS boot sector.
>
> There is data recovery software on this disk as well just type
> photorec.exe in MSDOS.
>
> For any type of help using MSDOS commands go to
> http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm
>
> Here that download link again (A must have tool for your Pc.)
> http://rapidshare.com/files/47316877/Silichip_Test_Disk_v6.7.iso.html
>
> Good Luck!

This is a very good program. Actually, I've used it alot myself. An older
version, but it's done very well.

--
Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c

From: Gabriele Neukam on
On this special day, Dustin Cook wrote:

> This is a very good program. Actually, I've used it alot myself. An older
> version, but it's done very well.

Nothing against this software, it is open source, monitored by peers
and all that. But I would prefer to get it from a reliable source like
Sourceforge.net, or the home of the Ultimate Boot CD which provides a
CD iso image for download with a lot of tools, testdisk being only one
of them.

Any other source may or may not have tampered with the original
program, and you never know what is in a compiled version if you don't
know whether you can trust this specific source, or not.

Just my 2 Eurocent

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam(a)t-online.de

--
ignorance can be fixed. stupidity is life-long.
(jshdude in alt.comp.anti-virus)

From: Dustin Cook on
Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam(a)t-online.de> wrote in

> On this special day, Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> This is a very good program. Actually, I've used it alot myself. An
>> older version, but it's done very well.
>
> Nothing against this software, it is open source, monitored by peers
> and all that. But I would prefer to get it from a reliable source like
> Sourceforge.net, or the home of the Ultimate Boot CD which provides a
> CD iso image for download with a lot of tools, testdisk being only one
> of them.

Understood. I wasn't commenting regarding the source, only my experience
with an older version of the software. I acquired it directly from it's
authors site. Which is what I do whenever possible.

> Any other source may or may not have tampered with the original
> program, and you never know what is in a compiled version if you don't
> know whether you can trust this specific source, or not.

To be honest, source code can be tampered with too, and if you don't
have a keen eye, you might miss the tampering. :)

--
Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - v2.2c
email: bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com.removethis
web..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
Pad..: http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/pad.xml

Pages: 1
Prev: Superantivirus?