From: Kim Theuwissen on
Hello Joris,
Thank you for the link, but it didn't help.
I installed the vlm and am already using labVIEW which was activated through the internet. Now we have the vlm and a want to control the license through the vlm. When I open the license manager of the labVIEW pc, it shows the server with the right licenses, and it shows all local licenses. When I try to run vlmclient which i made with the network installer I get following error.
This computer has been configured to check out a license from a network server. However, there was an error connecting to the server to request permissions. You may need to contact your administrator to gain access to this software or to obtain product manuals.
Best regards,
Kim

From: Kim Theuwissen on
Hello Joris,
I do see on the log file something strange...
File not found, nilm.exe.I think i have some firewall issues. I'll check this first.
Best regards, Kim
From: Kim Theuwissen on
Hello Joris,

I tried all steps, everthing is working ok.
The error occurs when everything is installed and I try to run vlmclient.exe. I tried it on a pc which is already activated through internet and i tried it on a pc with an evaluation version on it.
It is connected to the server because I see on the client pc which licenses can be activated on the volume license manager. But changing to a vlm controlled version doesn't work.
I had a meeting with someone from NI, and he told me it is not possible anymore to activate our software through internet, it has to be done with the vlm.

Best regards, Kim
From: Kim Theuwissen on
Hello Joris,

It isn't a firewall problem because the server pc is windows 2000.
The log file gives following:
&nbsp;11:04:09 (lmgrd) pid 80811:04:09 (lmgrd) Done rereading11:04:09 (lmgrd) FLEXnet Licensing (v11.1.1 build 23718) started on PC5904 (IBM PC) (1/23/2008)11:04:09 (lmgrd) Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.11:04:09 (lmgrd) US Patents 5,390,297 and 5,671,412.11:04:09 (lmgrd) World Wide Web:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.macrovision.com" target="_blank">http://www.macrovision.com</a> 11:04:09 (lmgrd) License file(s): C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Volume License Manager\nivlm.lic C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Volume License Manager\SignalExpress_Analysis_010000_TmpNetwork.lic C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Volume License Manager\signalExpress_Hardware_010000_TmpNetwork.lic11:04:09 (lmgrd) lmgrd tcp-port 2700011:04:09 (lmgrd) Starting vendor daemons ... 11:04:09 (lmgrd) License server manager (lmgrd) startup failed: 11:04:09 (lmgrd) File not found, nilm.exe
There isn't a nilm.exe in the dir.
Did something go wrong with installing the vlm?
there is a nilmold.exe in the dir.
&nbsp;
kind regards, Kim<a href="H:\My Documents\LV8\lmgrd.log" target="_blank"></a>

Pages: 1
Prev: Mitutoyo USB Interface
Next: logarithm