From: Rico_Vann on
I have a depth gauge Mitutoyo Digimatic indicator with a USB interface that translates the readout to a excel spreadsheet. The USB interface is also made by Mitutoyo, Model No. IT-012U.

With this interface, one open a excel spreadsheet, and by triggering the data switch, the readout of the mitutoyo gets imported as one cell value into excel.

I want to be able to automatically trigger (with Labview) this device by the computer. I also want to adjust the time between data points (no more than the device is capable of). I want Labview to generate the spreadsheet once I have completed one run of experiments (around 200 readouts in one experiment).

Ricardo

From: Rico_Vann on
Eric,
A company called MicroRidge make a serial or USB interface for the mitutoyo Gage. The product name is GageWay SM:
Page 4 of the manual has a set or commands to control the interface.
All I want is to be able to tell the interface when to start taking data, when to stop and the time interval between datapoints. I want the VI to output the values in a spreadsheet with a time stamped for each datapoint.
Regards,
Ricardo