From: Reg on
I see a lot of people have aswered the specific question but I wondered where
this would end?

for example: Joe.Blogs or j.bloggs or joeblogs. or j.blogg (ad nauseam)

from the basic formula you are asking for a generalised data cleansing
solution and that is a world of pain - surely the inputter should take SOME
repsonsibility?

Reg Migrant