From: D.M. Procida on
Do such things, or equivalents, exist?

Daniele
From: address_is on
D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
> Do such things, or equivalents, exist?

What do such things do?

--
Woody
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-06-28 12:51:17 +0100, <address_is(a)invalid.invalid> said:

> D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
>> Do such things, or equivalents, exist?
>>
> What do such things do?

Let you control VMware ESX.

AFAIK the only clients are the official Windows app, and a Linux-only
command-line/scripting interface. I have heard rumours that clients for
other OSes are in the pipeline, but with no concrete dates or anything.
Possibly they were shown at VMworld?
--
Chris

From: D.M. Procida on
<address_is(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
> > Do such things, or equivalents, exist?
> >
> What do such things do?

If they existed, I might be able to tell you.

Actually, they are for administering VMWare servers. A windows client
exists, and there's a web client too, but even the web clients only do
all their stuff under Windows because they need a Windows-only plugin.

Daniele
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-06-28 15:02:29 +0100, D.M. Procida said:

> <address_is(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> D.M. Procida <real-not-anti-spam-address(a)apple-juice.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Do such things, or equivalents, exist?
>>>
>> What do such things do?
>
> If they existed, I might be able to tell you.
>
> Actually, they are for administering VMWare servers. A windows client
> exists, and there's a web client too, but even the web clients only do
> all their stuff under Windows because they need a Windows-only plugin.

I could never work out why they bothered doing a Windows+IE-only web
client. If you're going to do a web client, you intend to support
multiple platforms don't you?
--
Chris

 |  Next  |  Last