From: mike on
Any good free VOIP applications that work with WM5
Dell Axim X51v? PPC2003 Axim X30?
New versions of Skype seem not to support non-phones.
Old version still works, but for how long??

I'd really like an app that would let me talk directly
to a desktop IP address without any servers getting in the middle.

anything out there?
Thanks, mike
From: Todd Allcock on
At 26 Feb 2010 13:22:26 -0800 mike wrote:

> I'd really like an app that would let me talk directly
> to a desktop IP address without any servers getting in the middle.
>
> anything out there?
> Thanks, mike

SJPhone <http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html> worked well on my old Axim X5.
There are WM and desktop versions. It allows dirct IP to IP calling.

They've abandoned work on it, AFAIK- SJLabs was bought by YMax (the
Magicjack people) and SJPhone was retooled into the Magicjack softphone.

From: William on
On 26 Feb, 21:22, mike <spam...(a)go.com> wrote:
> Any good free VOIP applications that work with WM5

You could try PortSIP:
http://www.portsip.com/downloads.htm

--
WH
From: Beverly Howard on
fwiw, just heard that Skype "pulled" it's winmobile app.

Beverly Howard
From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
You mean http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=2569 ?

It's been made online again since the article - I've just downloaded it
from http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/windowsmobile/ andd is
working great.

If it will indeed been completely removed, fring will surely support Skype
speech in the future.

Beverly Howard <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in news:uKcawnKuKHA.2436
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: