From: Jeremy Wiebe Jeremy on
I'm trying to determine if hardware-assisted virtualization is actually
enabled in my instance of VPC 2007.

When I go to VPC options it says that Hardware Virtualization is Enabled,
but when I select that option the right-hand side of the option window
displays a disabled checkbox for "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization if
available" and underneath it there's this note

"Note: Hardware-assisted virtualization is not available on this computer."

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo (T7400) which appears to have Intel's
Virtualization Technology (VT) in it.

Is there anything I can do to actually verify one way or the other?
From: Colin Barnhorst on
All Core Solo and Duo cpu's support hardware-assisted virtualization. Check
your BIOS settings to see if it disabled there. I have read a few comments
here that some boards ship with it disabled.

From: Jeremy Wiebe on
Thanks for the note Colin.

I did go through my BIOS and couldn't find anything related to hardware
virtualization.

I guess I'll just hope that it's on. :-|

Jeremy

From: Kai-Uwe v. d. Ohe on
I had a conversation with Microsoft regarding an interface issue
with VPC 2007 RC and while on it it was necessary to confirm
whether hardware virtualization (HV) was active or not. Here's
how to check (cited). This is under XP as the host.

"The way to check if your VM is using HV is to start perfmon and add
the performance counter "HVM-VP is in HVM mode" under the "Vir-
tual Processor" counter. Value 1 means HVM is getting used."

Perfmon is the name of the exe-file and will start the Performance
Monitor.

Regards,

Kai-Uwe

From: Vinod Atal [MSFT] on
Jeremy,
This issue was with beta build 6.0.122
Please try latest RC1 build 6.0.142 and it will show "Not available"