From: K.J. 44 on
Hi,

I am having trouble with my VPNs. I have them set up and I can connect
fine. Everything is to be tunneled (including Internet traffic). I am
using Cisco VPN

Client on a Win XP SP2 machine to a Cisco ASA 5510. When I connect, it
hits the RADIUS server fine (Windows IAS on WIndows 2003 server) and

authenticates. Once I am connected, I can get anywhere in the
corporate LAN via IP address, but not any other way. If I want to get
to the path

\\servername\files\IT I have to type in \\10.10.10.10\files\IT. And
the tunnel is supposed to support Internet traffic and yet no internet
traffic is coming through

either.

Also, in the Cisco VPN Client Log I am getting:

1 11:28:14.062 11/08/06 Sev=Warning/2 CVPND/0xA3400011
Error -14 sending packet. Dst Addr: 0xFFFFFFFF, Src Addr: NICs MAC
(DRVIFACE:1199).

In the Cisco VPN Client Statistics I also see under Route Details ->
Secured Routes Network 0.0.0.0 Subnet Mask 0.0.0.0 and that's it. Is
that normal?

Also, how do i know what group-policy is being applied to my VPN users?

Here are some show commands from the ASA followed by the running
config. These are edited of course

ASA# sh crypto ipsec sa
interface: outside
Crypto map tag: RemoteVPNDynmap, seq num: 10, local addr: ASA
PUBLIC IP

local ident (addr/mask/prot/port): (0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/0/0)
remote ident (addr/mask/prot/port):
(192.168.10.1/255.255.255.255/0/0)
current_peer: 76.212.75.13, username: kholleran
dynamic allocated peer ip: 192.168.10.1

#pkts encaps: 480, #pkts encrypt: 480, #pkts digest: 480
#pkts decaps: 559, #pkts decrypt: 559, #pkts verify: 559
#pkts compressed: 0, #pkts decompressed: 0
#pkts not compressed: 480, #pkts comp failed: 0, #pkts decomp
failed: 0
#send errors: 0, #recv errors: 0

local crypto endpt.: ASA PUBLIC IP/PORT, remote crypto endpt.:
76.212.75.1
3/61509
path mtu 1500, ipsec overhead 68, media mtu 1500
current outbound spi: 7425EFE0

inbound esp sas:
spi: 0x6072CF2F (1618136879)
transform: esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
in use settings ={RA, Tunnel, UDP-Encaps, }
slot: 0, conn_id: 2, crypto-map: RemoteVPNDynmap
sa timing: remaining key lifetime (sec): 28716
IV size: 8 bytes
replay detection support: Y

ASA# sh crypto isakmp sa

Active SA: 1
Rekey SA: 0 (A tunnel will report 1 Active and 1 Rekey SA during
rekey)
Total IKE SA: 1

1 IKE Peer: 76.212.75.13
Type : user Role : responder
Rekey : no State : AM_ACTIVE

ASA# sh run

ASA Version 7.0(5)
!
hostname ASA
domain-name DOMAIN
enable password MsKIE8kJNDmkdKIi encrypted
names
dns-guard
!
interface Ethernet0/0
description INside interface. NAT to private IPs
nameif inside
security-level 100
ip address ASA PRIVATE IP
!
interface Ethernet0/1
description Outside Interface.
nameif outside
security-level 0
ip address ASA PUBLIC IP
!
interface Ethernet0/2
shutdown
no nameif
no security-level
no ip address
!
interface Management0/0
shutdown
nameif management
security-level 100
ip address
management-only
!
passwd SisLvDjB/rijelPS encrypted
banner exec # You are logging into a corporate device. Unauthorized
access is prohibited.
banner motd # "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not
an act, but a habit." - Aristotle #
ftp mode passive
clock timezone EST -5
clock summer-time EDT recurring
dns domain-lookup inside
dns name-server DNS SERVER INTERNAL IP
object-group service NecessaryServices tcp
port-object eq echo
port-object eq www
port-object eq domain
port-object eq ssh
port-object eq smtp
port-object eq ftp-data
port-object eq pop3
port-object eq aol
port-object eq ftp
port-object eq https
object-group service UDPServices udp
port-object eq nameserver
port-object eq www
port-object eq isakmp
port-object eq domain
object-group service TCP-UDPServices tcp-udp
port-object eq echo
port-object eq www
port-object eq domain

ACLs - Nothing is wrong here

access-list 110 extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0
pager lines 24
logging enable
logging timestamp
logging list ASALog level notifications
logging monitor notifications
logging trap notifications
logging asdm informational
logging device-id hostname
logging host inside SYSLOG SERVER
mtu management 1500
mtu inside 1500
mtu outside 1500
ip local pool vpnclient 192.168.10.1-192.168.10.254
ip verify reverse-path interface inside
ip verify reverse-path interface outside
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any outside
asdm image disk0:/asdm505.bin
asdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
nat-control
global (outside) 2 interface
nat (inside) 0 access-list 110
nat (inside) 2 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0
static (inside,outside) MAIL SERVER
access-group inside_access_in in interface inside
access-group outside_access_in in interface outside
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ISP GATEWAY 1
!
router ospf 1
NETWORK COMMANDS
area 0
log-adj-changes
!
timeout xlate 3:00:00
timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 icmp 0:00:02
timeout sunrpc 0:10:00 h323 0:05:00 h225 1:00:00 mgcp 0:05:00
timeout mgcp-pat 0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00
timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute
aaa-server vpn protocol radius
aaa-server vpn host IAS SERVER
key *
group-policy DfltGrpPolicy attributes
banner none
wins-server none
dns-server none
dhcp-network-scope none
vpn-access-hours none
vpn-simultaneous-logins 3
vpn-idle-timeout 30
vpn-session-timeout none
vpn-filter none
vpn-tunnel-protocol IPSec webvpn
password-storage disable
ip-comp disable
re-xauth disable
group-lock none
pfs disable
ipsec-udp enable
ipsec-udp-port PORT
split-tunnel-policy tunnelall
split-tunnel-network-list none
default-domain none
split-dns none
secure-unit-authentication disable
user-authentication disable
user-authentication-idle-timeout 30
ip-phone-bypass disable
leap-bypass disable
nem disable
backup-servers keep-client-config
client-firewall none
client-access-rule none
webvpn
functions url-entry
port-forward-name value Application Access
group-policy vpnUsers internal
group-policy vpnUsers attributes
banner value You are remotely accessing a corporate network. Any
unauthor
From: Joe Beasley on
If you get a dhcp address, your dhcp server needs to set the WINS server
address in the scope. If your address is static, you need to manually
add the WINS server. That will let you browse by name.

--
jbeasley(a)sdf.lonestar.org
From: K.J. 44 on
That worked great for getting around inside my network. All drives are
being mapped and everything perfectly. I want to tunnel all internet
traffic to but none is coming through.

I can see the DNS query, DNS Response, and the request for the page to
the correct IP when I run ethereal on my remote PC. But nothing comes
back. And I see nothing in my ASA for the IP Address when I do a show
xlate. The firewall rules are allowing traffic from these IPs. It
appears to request the page over the tunnel and then simply disappear.

Any ideas on that?

Thank you very much for your help.

From: Al on
K.J. 44 wrote:
> That worked great for getting around inside my network. All drives are
> being mapped and everything perfectly. I want to tunnel all internet
> traffic to but none is coming through.
>
> I can see the DNS query, DNS Response, and the request for the page to
> the correct IP when I run ethereal on my remote PC. But nothing comes
> back. And I see nothing in my ASA for the IP Address when I do a show
> xlate. The firewall rules are allowing traffic from these IPs. It
> appears to request the page over the tunnel and then simply disappear.
>

> Any ideas on that?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Joe Beasley wrote:
> > If you get a dhcp address, your dhcp server needs to set the WINS server
> > address in the scope. If your address is static, you need to manually
> > add the WINS server. That will let you browse by name.
> >
> > --
> > jbeasley(a)sdf.lonestar.org
> > SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org

I'm no expert on ASAs, but if your crypto map is applied to the outside
interface, and the nat happens as packets traverse (inside -> outside),
would you expect packets coming in to the outside through the VPN
tunnel, and going back out again on that interface to the Internet, to
actually get NAT'd...?

If you want simultaneous Internet access / vpn access why not use
split-tunnelling, or use a proxy server that is inside your network?

From: Kevin Widner on

!--- Command that permits IPsec traffic to enter and exit the same
interface.

same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

-Kevin