From: amitgat on
Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Cisco 1841 to Sonicwall 170.

The tunnel is establishing successfully, but I can't ping computers
from any LAN to the other side of the tunnel.

When running Tunnel Diagnostics on Cisco SDM I get the following
report:

VPN Troubleshooting Report Details

Router Details

Attribute Value
Router Model 1841
Image Name c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-5.bin
IOS Version 12.4(5)

Test Activity Summary

Activity Status
Checking the tunnel status... Up

Test Activity Details

Activity Status
Checking the tunnel status... Up
Encapsulation :0
Decapsulation :0
Send Error :0
Received Error :0

Troubleshooting Results
Failure Reason(s)
A ping with data size of this VPN interface MTU size and 'Do not
Fragment' bit set to the other end VPN device is failing. This may
happen if there is a lesser MTU network which drops the 'Do not
fragment' packets

Recommended Action(s)
1)Contact your ISP/Administrator to resolve this issue.
2)Issue the command 'crypto ipsec df-bit clear' under the VPN interface
to avoid packets drop due to fragmentation.

On the Sonicwall side, I see this message whenever I try to access the
other side:
Message - "Malformed or unhandled IP packet dropped"
Source - <Other Side Public IP>, 0, WAN
Destination - <Local Side Public IP>
Notes - IP Protocol 51"

Do you have any ideas what can I do to fix the tunnel?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Amit Gatenyo

From: nazgulero on
Hello,

there might be a problem with the MSS size configured on your local LAN
interface. Try and set this to 1350:

interface FastEthernet0/0
ip tcp adjust-mss 1350

Regards,

Naz

From: amitgat on
Sadly, it didn't work.

I've set it on the interface that is connected to the LAN
(FastEthernet0/0) but it didn't do the trick, the tunnel is still being
created successfully, but I can't ping computers on the remote LAN.

Pages: 1
Prev: host flapping
Next: PIX 501 PDM